007- Drunk kiss

Nicklaus

One minute my dad was yelling at me on the phone, talking about some mistake I made in the paperwork I handed to him after work yesterday. The next minute, I was staring at Ms Allison's boobs on my phone screen, accompanied by her 'I miss you' text. Thank God she was nowhere close to New York.  

And now, it was Ashley popping out from nowhere, and seated beside me. She had been saying something about her boyfriend, something I hadn't paid attention to, and that was because Muna had disappeared from the dance floor. 

For more than five minutes now. 

She had been doing great tonight, even with the amount of tequila she had taken. I had been keeping an eye on her, and she had been making me smile with her dance moves. Somehow, everything she did had a way of making me want to smile. She was a breath of fresh air and her disappearance was getting me impatient, worried and sick.

I rose from my seat, frowning. "Where the fuck is Andrew," I muttered under my breath.

"Nick?" Ash called out to me, and I glanced beside me, meeting her honey-brown eyes, staring back at me.  

Ashley and I also grew up together, until she left with her mom after her parents got a divorce. Then, she came back to New York after law school. She was like a sister I never had until our fathers decided it was a good plan to set us up in a romantic relationship. Believe me, we tried and that was because we wanted to please them, but we were better off as siblings than lovers. We both agreed and amicably ended the relationship, even though our fathers still hadn't accepted that fact. 

"Can I stay over at yours tonight?" She pouted, shooting her puppy eyes at me and I fully turned, inching closer to her. 

The tempo of the song dropped and I stared down at her face, visible lines etched on my forehead and between my brows. "Why? What happened to the boyfriend you were just talking about?"

"You heard nothing from what I said earlier, huh?" A bitter smile dawned on her face and then followed by a sigh. "We broke up." 

Shocked that all she had been saying earlier was about breaking up with her boyfriend, and not catching onto that had me feeling bad. I had met him once and they seemed so much in love. I wondered what might have gone wrong. I knew I needed to be there for her like I always was, but I had to find Muna first. 

"Why did y'all break up? Did he hurt you?" A light scowl crept up my face as I placed my fingers under her chin, examining her face. 

"No, it just didn't work out." She shrugged. "I'm fine, and when Andrew told me y'all were hanging out here tonight, I decided to join you guys."

"You need a break, Ash," I said and she nodded, smiling.  

"That's what I thought too but my dad thinks we should get back together, and I think he already spoke to yours about it." 

"You know that isn't possible, right." 

"I know but–"

"Nick," Andrew grabbed onto my shoulder, and I directed my attention to him, my hand leaving Ash.

"I can't find Muna," He said, looking between me and Ash. 

"Who's Muna?" Ash asked. 

"Hi Ash, you came," Andrew smiled but it quickly faded, and lines grew between his brows. "Where is Julia?" 

The thought of what might be going on with Muna clouded me, and my chest grew heavy at that. She was in a place full of drunk idiots, and none of us knew where she might be right now. "Why the fuck did you let Muna off your sight?" I glared at Andrew.