018- A creep

Nicklaus

David was right.

I liked Muna even before I realized it, and it wasn’t just as a friend, it was more. That was the only thing to describe why I was always at hers for dinner, each time I didn’t spend my early night hours at the office. Hell, working late became upsetting for me, and all I wanted was to be with her.

I always missed her as soon as she was out of my sight. I couldn’t stop gazing at her whenever she wasn’t looking, or every time she talked. It was simple; Muna loved to talk, and I loved to listen.

I had always wanted to kiss her, every fucking minute, but remembering what she was healing from, always held me back, until minutes ago on the skating rink. But then, Andrew appeared from nowhere, yelling our names like a fucking idiot.

Finding out from one of her vlogs that she loved to skate gave me the idea to take her there, forgetting I did go to that particular one with Andrew when we were younger.

I wanted to kick Andrew out, but I couldn’t and now, we were seated at a table of four, in the outdoor seating area of a restaurant. A place Andrew brought us to after he changed his mind, and decided he wasn’t going to skate anymore.

“I can’t believe you were able to make Nicklaus come out here with you, Muna,” Andrew started, and seated next to him was Simon, whom he already introduced to us. My eyes had been trained on Simon ever since we settled down, and each time our eyes met, he smiled but I never returned it. “Nicklaus and I used to go there, but he never wanted to go anymore.”

Muna gave him a tight lip smile, “It was a last-minute plan.” She said, and then turned to me, pleading with her eyes that I say something.

I turned to Andrew, who was eyeing us suspiciously. Seriously, I didn’t give a fuck about what he was thinking or saying. He had overreacted when he saw Muna on top of me on the smooth rink, concluding we were making out in a public place. And Muna spent the whole time on our way here, convincing him it was an accident.

Meanwhile, I spent the whole time being mad at him for interrupting us and then, was riding in my car since he didn’t bring his. I hated that of all the days he decided to take Simon to skate, it was the day I chose to bring Muna.

A text chimed into my phone and I glanced down at it, clicking on the text. Muna sighed beside me, and it sounded like she was tired of both I and Andrew. I wanted to tell Andrew to drop it, I wanted to help her but my attention was now on the text which was from Mr Chase’s lawyer, Joe.

He had worked at the firm for the longest time and he was the one that handled all Mr Chase’s legal business cases. He was like an elder brother to me.

He wanted to know if I had anything to do with Mr Chase’s wife, Ms. Allison. And that was because according to him, he ran into her at a clothing store where he went to shop with his wife, and she gave him a message to deliver to me. According to Joe, Ms Allison wanted us to meet, and he had added that there were some threats underlying her words. I blocked Ms Allison before she came back from her vacation, I wanted her to know how serious I was.

The thing was Ms Allison wasn’t going to do anything stupid. Even though her and her husband’s sex life frustrated her, she wouldn’t give up the good life he had given her just because she wanted to get back at me. I knew that much. Those were empty threats and manipulation.

Come to think of it, one might think I was stupid to have slept with her, all through these months because of the same threat. But the thing was, maybe I wanted to do it, maybe a part of me wanted that distraction. And I wasn’t proud of it.