008- Friends

Muna

My eyes opened to an unfamiliar space, and I winced at the headache banging in my head. I was confused about many things. Many things like where I was, and why it smelt like a particular man in here.

As the events from last night slowly seeped into my mind, I jolted up the bed with my eyes darting to the corners of the room. I recounted from the time we arrived at the club to the part where... Nicklaus beat up a man who tried to harass me and that was when it dawned on me. I slept in Nicklaus' apartment.

Shit... I slept in Nicklaus' apartment! I'm in what looked like his bedroom, on his bed. And I was supposed to stay away from him. All I managed to remember was that after the little commotion, Nicklaus drove us home. Yeah, he did but then, what happened?

Not giving my brain enough time to process that, my gaze quickly went down to my outfit. I spent a night in the house of a man I barely knew, a man I loathed. But I was still in my outfit from last night, which meant only one thing, neither did Nicklaus change me into a new one nor did he do something weird to me. I gulped. Maybe he wasn't that bad after all, because if he was, he wouldn't save me from the weirdo that bumped into me last night. The weirdo that grabbed my ass, and had me feeling helpless and shitty.

My eyes moved across the room which looked quite similar to mine, the walls were coated with white paint, and the bed size was also similar to mine. I pulled the black thick blanket off me and pulled my still-tired feet to the ground. I tried to reach for my purse, wincing at the slight pain that flashed through my head. But before I could reach it, my eyes fell on the small framed picture sitting on the nightstand and instead of my purse, I reached for it.

The woman looked just like him, especially in the eyes. Her head was covered in a beanie hat, and her pale face was holding a wide smile. Nicklaus was leaning closer to her, smiling too, but it didn't reach his eyes. There was sadness in his brown eyes and they were both seated on a hospital bed. I felt a little ache in my heart, and before I knew it, my hand started caressing his face in the picture.

What the fuck was I doing?

A throat clearing came from the door causing me to jolt, the picture frame almost falling from my hand. I whipped my face in the direction it came, slowly placing the frame back on the nightstand.

There, Nicklaus was standing leaning to the door frame, with his arms folded across his broad bare chest, and below his folded arms was his ripped torso. A well-defined six-pack. I knew that beneath those shirts was a hot body, but I didn't expect him to be this hot. His hair was visibly wet with a few strands resting on his face, and the grey joggers he had on were hanging a little below exposing the tattoo drawn close to the right side of his hips. My eyes lingered on it as I stifled the urge to nibble on my lower lip. There was another one below the left collarbone, and I felt the urge to ask what they meant.

"Morning, Muna." He rasped, calling my attention back to his smirking face.

Flushed and embarrassed, I averted my gaze, and bit down my lower lip. He can't think I'm checking him out again, especially not in his apartment.

"When- how..." I paused and rose to my feet, deciding that asking the 'how did I get here question,' was stupid. "I- I was just looking for the bathroom," I said, my gaze walking his well-sculpted body that was in my face. A body my eyes had seemed to not know how to avoid.