16. I'm Sorry

Tamina

"Why didn't you just explain it to me in a text? I would've understood," I whisper, hating how my heart feels heavy. It doesn't take long for my eyes to sting as the water works threaten to make an appearance. "But you didn't."

"I'm truly sorry, my love, I really am." He fishes out a small box from his back pocket and extends it to me. "I also went to get this for you."

My head instinctively shakes. "Brandon, I don't want anything from you. . . I just wanted you."

His eyes narrow as my back presses against the counter. "And like my family, I make sure I get what I want."

"What do you want?" I retort, my eyes landing on his lips the second his tongue swipes across them.

"You."

With that, his mouth crashes onto mine, devouring any words that want to come out. It's heated and rough with need, and I'm shamefully the same. But my words come out as a strange whimper. "You don't."

Pulling back momentarily, his lips pull up into a determined smile. "I told you I'll do whatever it takes to keep you, and I'm going to make sure I do."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," I breathe against his lips.

He laces his hand through my hair, tugging me closer. "I don't break promises, sweetheart, especially to those I love."

My eyes widen and a gasp comes from me, but his lips are quick to slant over mine, silencing the shocked breath about to come out. Gripping his jacket tightly until my fingers hurt for fear he will disappear, his hands settle on my hips, pulling me closer to him. His heat, scent, and taste turn me into putty, able to feel his emotions through his actions. And just like that, the water works burst. Seeing the concern in his eyes when he leans back only causes them to flow fiercely, and my head shakes in embarrassment while my heart is torn between the love and hate for him.

"My love, what's wrong?" he hushes, bringing me into his arms where I snivel and whimper against his chest.

"I-I thought you. . ."

A low sound comes from the back of his throat, almost like a grunt crossed with a throat clear. "I'm sorry, I never meant to make you feel like that, I'll never do it again. I love you."

My heart swells, and I'm blinking back the tears. "W-what did you say?"

He sighs, pecking my cranium. "I love you, Tamina, and I think I did from the moment you gave me that bookmark."

A choked laugh falls from my lips. "Say it again. . . please."

Brandon chuckles softly. "I love you." He pecks my nose. "I love you," he murmurs, placing a lingering kiss to my lips. "I love you." He trails his lips down my chin, across my jaw, and finally litters open mouthed kisses across my throat before sucking lightly. "I love you."

A breathy sigh comes from me, and my fingers tangle in his hair. His mouth feels good and hot on my skin, but it's enough to fuel and sate the fire burning within.

His tongue trails along the length of my neck up to my ear before nibbling and sucking on the lobe. A violent shiver runs down my spine when he nips his way down again, finding a sensitive spot on my neck I never knew I had, and bites, licking the dull ache soon after.

"Brandon. . ." I breathe, and he chuckles in response.

Before I'm certain on what he's going to do next, he changes it and sucks hard. A load groan comes from me as he sucks and uses his teeth against the skin, flicking his tongue over it and repeating all over again.