42. Because you Care

Tamina

I heard him loud and clear, but I still shake my head. "So do I, but we can't keep—"

"You are mine, Tamina, and I'm never letting you go if I can help it. I was a foolish man, and I know better now. I love you, and it's because you make me the person I should and want to be. Without you, I don't feel like I'm me anymore, and not having you by my side proved it." Looking into my eyes, he offers a small smile. "And I'm going to spend every minute I can to show you that I'm going to be the man to love you. If you are to trust me, I'm going to show you just how much in three days."

My brows furrow at his words, but excitement and doubt swirls in my chest. "What are you planning?"

"You'll have to see, but only if you still want an us."

Biting my lip, my head slowly bobs. "You know I never wanted what we had to come to an end, but how do I know I'll be able to trust you?"

Pulling away completely, a small smile plays on his lips as he says, "All I can say is that I'm in it for us as much as you are, and if I'm able to trust you to stay with him for the time being until this blows over, I can only hope you trust me."

Not knowing what else to say, I smile and throw my arms around him and cave like the lovesick person I am. The words, "I've missed you," fall freely, and his arms tighten around me like they used to, and we share another deep, embracing kiss for the loss of each other.

"Alright, very touching," Lucius' voice appears, "but I've had enough of him in my house, and frankly, I'd rather see porn on my phone than your ugly mug trying to get some action." Lucius stares down Brandon over my head. "Don't worry, I'll take perfect care of her."

Brandon's body turns rigid against mine, but I hush him softly. "Don't worry, Brandon. Nothing is going to happen."

I make a pointed look at Lucius, who simply smirks and leans against the wall for the time being. It's only when I take a few steps from Brandon to signal it may be best he leaves, that Lucius drapes a childish arm over my shoulder. Pushing it off, I mouth the words, "I love you," to Brandon, who smirks back at Lucius before leaving, and I'm on my way out of the room.

At least, I would've been if Lucius didn't grip my arm on the way past.

"Yes?" I ask confidently, and he spins me around to fully face him.

His eyes and lips are playful as he stares down at me, and I'm uncertain of what he's planning along with how things have been so far between us. We both willingly kissed each other. I shouldn't feel guilty because it was while me and Brandon were on a break, but I am guilty because I'm scared a part of me deep down enjoyed it.

"What do you think you're doing, tiger?"

My eyes flick to his. "What do you mean?"

A frustrated laugh comes from him. "Tamina, you hold feelings for me, or at least you don't realise it yet, but you do. And I don't think you should be committing yourself to that asshole if you can't go through with it."

"Lucius," I start sternly, "I don't. I kissed you because I knew that's what you wanted, and I didn't want to hurt you."

"Because you care."

I shrug his hold off me. "I don't, not like that. I'm sorry but I've told you I'm with Brandon. I know you may think he will mess up again, but that's how love is. We mess up, and we try to fix it," I explain, and my eyes try to keep strong, but the amusement in his weaken them.

"I'm not going to say he's going to make a mistake, nor am I going to tell you to be with him or not, that's up to you," he muses, "But in your time here, I'm going to help you see that I'm the man you should really be with."