18. She doesn't like Me

Brandon

The car ride has been anything but reassuring. All I've managed to do is say the wrong thing and now she has a layer up to protect herself. But what am I supposed to say? 'My mum's going to adore you? My dad loves his wife too much to disagree with her if she wants you out and for someone in their range to be at my side?'

Fuck, this is going to be a mess, and I'm going to lose her.

That can't happen, she's too special to be left alone, to be anywhere but with me. She's nothing like the people in my world, and that's what makes her remarkable. Tamina has a heart, she's kind, and she's the ray of sunshine steadily cracking through my storm.

My hands clench around the steering wheel until my knuckles turn white, and the blood rushes straight to my cock as my thoughts trail back to how she had wrapped around my fingers, clenching them. Her body had writhed against me, and the sounds she let out were too tempting, and it took every ounce of restraint in me to not carry her up those stairs and bury myself deep within her uncharted waters, and that's why I had gone home and reminisced the moment until I was able to come, and boy did I. If the thought of her is that strong, I'm only able to imagine what it would be like to finally be with her.

God, there's no way I'm going to let her get away from me, not when I've come so far to get her to consider loving me. I'm going to make sure she knows she's mine.

"Love, you know I didn't mean it like that," I begin. "The only reason I've asked you to meet them is to show them just how perfect you are."

A deep breath comes from her. "I know, Brandon, but the thought of not being up to their standards just didn't seem worth the bother. If we're all for us, then that should be all that matters."

I'm hoping she's right, but a disturbing feeling is telling me otherwise. Since the age of eighteen, there's never been a time for me to be overcome with uneasiness, but I'm riddled with it now and it's aggravating. Who knows what will be said within those walls?

"I know that, sweetheart," I say.

 But with them, I doubt it even matters.

Catching the turn up ahead, my grip hardens if that's even possible as the sight of the gravelled driveway comes into view. It crunches beneath the tyres, and the closer we get to the cars, the more aggravated I become.

Turning my eyes to Tamina, she takes in a deep breath before letting it out and nodding to me. "I'm ready."

Stiffly nodding back, I'm quick to exit the vehicle and round to her side to lend a hand, which she thankfully takes. Shutting the door a little too forcefully, my fingers intertwine with hers, using their softness to take off the edge as we approach the front door.

I've got this under control.

Tamina

The gravel shifts easily under my feet, and the crunch it lets off is somewhat unnerving as we near the large structure with its glossy windowsills and frames, and expensive looking cars. Dad would kill to be here right now, but I'm not even sure if I want to be, at least after what Brandon said in the car.

Damn it, it was going so well, but as soon as I'd bought up why he was so tense, it started to go downhill. Barely any words, and there weren't any caresses from either of us, just a plain hand hold. But now it's like it never happened; his thumb strokes the top of my hand, and his eyes try to soften. Once we're in front of the door, Branon's fingers tighten but not enough to hurt me, and his jaw is set while his eyes narrow in concentration. If I'm going to be honest with myself, seeing him like this doesn't help the anxiety washing over me.