29. Be Yourself

Tamina

Biting my lower lip, my fingers tremble at the thought of what could be hiding on the inside, but I'm quick to pick it up anyway. Scanning the area intently, no one seems to be paying me any attention, so my shoulders lightly lift and fall before I'm unravelling the parchment.

Take the second door to your left and go in the third bathroom down, there will be a surprise for you in the cupboard under the sink x

A kiss, that's new. If this person is trying to throw me off, it's not going to work. I'll take the glass as defence in case anyone tries to jump me from behind or something. Clenching the stem of the glass, I'm not wasting a second to follow its instructions. Before I'm entering the hall, I take one last look at Brandon who isn't even noticing my disappearance, which in a way, I can't help but be thankful for.

The music that had picked up after the speech is a tad bit quieter now, and there's no one hanging around in the hall, so the detour to the bathroom is surprisingly easy. Once I'm inside, I'm happy to see the pale pink room with the white tiles is also—

"Right there! Oh—"

My hands slam on my ears and the heat shoots to my cheeks.

"Someone's in here—"

"I don't care, keep going!" the woman exclaims, and the sudden bang against the door has my eyes bulging out of my sockets.

Hastily scrambling for the sink, I scour the darkness before grabbing the plastic bag stashed in the corner before darting out into the neighbouring bathroom. Shaking the uncomfortable feeling in my system, my mind can't help but wonder if that's what me and Brandon are going to be doing. They sounded like they were having fun, so I can only imagine if Brandon will be gentle with me and make it feel nice too.

Pushing the image to the back of my mind, I sit on the toilet and make sure to lock the stall door behind me so no one accidentally stumbles in on me before opening the contents. My eyes widen immensely when my fingers snag fabric and pull out a black dress, but not any black dress. My black dress. Attached to it is another note.

I wouldn't have been able to break into your house, privacy is still something to be considered. So, I ordered a replica instead. You looked absolutely stunning, but I think this is the one for you; if you want to make more of an impact, you should be yourself, there's no better way to do it x

Lucius. It has to be him; he mentioned my dress when he came round the other day. Clenching the fabric in a fist, I'm about to stuff it back inside when his words replay in my head. As much as I hate to admit it, he's right. If I want to get anywhere, I can't roll over and let people mould me into something I'm not to please others. I've got to be my own person, and if they don't like it, then that's their problem, not mine or Brandon's.

At least, that's what my parents would say. . .

Although, I'm not sure if I should be amazed or displeased with how that man does half the things he pulls off.

With a heavy sigh, knowing if he sees me, he's going to have plenty to say, but I've got to smooth it out with Brandon before anything else happens when I get out there. Nodding with determination, I carefully lay the luxuries on the back of the toilet and slip off the dress and fold it on the toilet seat before slipping on the black fabric over my body. It fits me perfectly, which is creepy but good since it won't fall off me or cling too tightly. It feels smooth instead of silky, and the slight crinkle on the edges makes it feel real, like my body actually has something. And I'm over the moon it has a fresh clothing scent instead of his cologne.