34. I'll get over It

Lucius

Poor girl, she must be in pain.

My hand dusts over her cheek, taking away her hair so I'm allowed a better view. Her skin is soft, just like I remember, and her lips. . . tracing the plumpness of her lower lip with my thumb, I pull back when she stirs, only for her to shift so she's on her side facing me this time. Her mouth falls open, and a light sigh comes from her, and the noise sends a shiver down my spine. To say that's a first is an understatement. It wasn't that long ago I felt just how nice they were, and what they tasted like, and to say it's played on my mind ever since isn't a lie.

As eager as I am to seek out another taste of her lips, I'm not that much of an asshole that I'd kiss her while she's sleeping. Just having her sleep in my car with me is enough evidence for me to know that she must have some trust if she's letting her guard down that much. Knowing that is more precious than ruining it all for a distasteful kiss without their knowledge.

A rough sigh falls from my lips at the sight of her brows scrunching together in her sleep. It's clear she's keeping something from me, and I'm going to make sure she tells me by the end of my visit, but there's no way she will be ready to hear what I've got to tell her. Fuck, it will probably crush her.

Clutching the device inside my pocket, I'm in two minds about chucking it in the backseat of the car as if it never existed, but for now I decide on leaving it where it is as to not disturb her. Spotting the entrance of the driveway in my peripheral, I'm quick enough to edge the car forward enough to slot in the tight space provided with an Order sign hammered above the speaker that's level with the car.

"What can I get you?" a voice echoes through the speakers, only it's hard to decipher who it could be since it comes out as a low, mechanical drawls instead of a representative of someone who cares about customer service.

Glancing down to Tamina, she hasn't stirred yet, and my lips pull down in thought as to what I'm going to order for her. After yesterday's ordeal, she's going to have an appetite, but something's telling me that she's not going to be able to stomach a big intake.

"Two cheeseburgers, one with salad and one plain with tomato sauce. Two medium sides of fries, and a medium chocolate and strawberry milkshake."

After being instructed to head for the collection area, I follow the tight bend round. It's a ridiculous design, and the poor sods with trucks have no luck even putting their front in. Soon enough, I'm approaching the open end at the back of the building where a thick yellow sign spells Collections.

Payment should've been straight forward if it weren't for the slender brunette practically popping her tits out at me, and not only that, the way she ignores Tamina's presence pisses me off. Her brown eyes trail over what she can see of me in the car for a moment longer before she finally finds my gaze, and it takes everything in me not to roll them. Taking the coaster, I set it on my lap and sit the packaging containing our meal in the glove compartment before turning my attention to her, making sure to capturing her eyes.

This time it's harder for me to pull a smirk, so I'm pulling it together haphazardly, which she doesn't seem to notice or care about before I rasp, "See something you like?"

Her tan cheeks pinken. "You could say that, handsome," she replies, near enough sultry.

Cocking a brow in her direction, she bites her ruby painted lip and twirls her hair before finally dropping her gaze onto Tamina. I hate how she has the audacity to look shocked, as if she has only just noticed her presence, and I'm thankful she's sound asleep. My eyes trail down to her, and I'm unable to deny how she looks just as beautiful when she's asleep, if not more.