Comfort #13

Blair and Sidney were sat at the police station.

"I'm bored, can we go?" Blair asked, looking at Sidney. Blair's fingers were tapping against the arm of the chair, anxious. Truth be told Blair hasn't stepped a foot into a police station since she got questioned 2 years ago, questioned hard. The detective in charge genuinely thought Blair was lying about everything and interrogated her for hours. Ever since that night she hates being a police station for more than an hour especially if she's getting asked questions, which she did.

Sidney sighed and kept staring at the door, not knowing what else to do. When she saw Dewey and Gale she stood up, Blair following her. When they saw the two with red puffy eyes thier smiles dropped.

"Dew what's wrong?" Blair asked, looking at Dewey with her most innocent, puppy eyes. Dewey didn't want to be the one that breaks it to Blair so Gale agreed to do it.

"Blair..." Gale stepped forwards, putting her hands together. "There is something...fuck it I can't see this poor child cry" Gale gave up before she even got it out. Gale hated it when Blair was crying when Billy got put away, she knew it'd be much worse when she found out her boyfriend was skewered.

Sidney and Blair just looked between the two. Dewey led Sidney away as it would be easier to tell her here. "Whats going on?" Blair asked Gale, in her timid/nervous voice. Gale hasn't seen her like this in years and it was freaking her out a little bit.

"How about we take you to where we need to take you and we can tell you there?" Gale suggested, hoping Hallie or Mickey telling her would soften the blow. Blair just nodded and followed Gale out to the car.

--
Blair walked into the waiting room to see Hallie and Mickey already waiting. The two saw how confused she was and glared at Gale. "I thought you would tell her" Hallie stated.

"I couldn't. I figured one of you two telling her would make it easier" Gale shrugged, lightly pushing a shy Blair towards Mickey.

Mickey's eyes softened as he gently pulled Blair onto the seat next to him. "Can you two leave for 5 minutes?" Mickey asked, glancing at Hallie and Gale who nodded in response before walking out. "Beth...I don't know how to tell you this but..." Mickey started.

This was the hardest thing for Mickey to do. He was hoping he wouldn't have to be there for when Blair finds out because he's sensitive for her. Now he finds out he's the one that has to break her heart.

Blair stayed quiet, letting Mickey talk. "Randy...Randy died. He got attacked and was stabbed so many times there was no way he would survive. I mean Gale and Dewey got there 10 seconds after he got stabbed and he was already dead...I'm sorry" Mickey explained, holding onto Blair's hand.

Blair broke down immediately.

Mickey gently pulled her into her hug and rubbed her back in an attempt to comfort her, letting her soak his sweater with her tears.

Hallie and Gale watched from afar. "Getting Mickey to do it was a good idea" Hallie admitted. "If it was anyone else she would probably blow up at them" Hallie added.

"Yeah, I picked Mickey because I know her and Mickey are one another's shoulder to cry on" Gale answered, smiling a little. "Hes also good at comforting her" Gale added and Hallie agreed.

Sometimes all you need for some comfort is a Mickey Altieri.