Chapter 2

The grand wedding had truly embraced the spirit of tradition, with Nandini and Manik at the heart of it all. Nandini's bridal veil, a symbol of anticipation and secrecy, was firmly in place, held by her parents. However, as the sacred rituals of the wedding continued, Manik's family, eager to welcome their new daughter-in-law, made a gentle request.

"Beta..., can you lift your veil?" Manik's mother, Maya, asked with a warm and welcoming tone. Her curiosity had been piqued by the mysterious veil that concealed Nandini.

Nandini's family, devoted to their unique customs and with a strong desire to keep up the facade of the original bride, opposed the idea. Her father, Rajesh, gently explained,"In our family, the veil is lifted only after the husband has seen her on their first night together."

Unknown to the guests, this tradition served a dual purpose. It preserved the secret of the bride's replacement while upholding the family's honor and the auspiciousness of the occasion. Nandini's real sister, the intended bride, had vanished due to unforeseen circumstances, leaving Nandini to step into her role. Nandini, bound by her loyalty and love for her father, willingly embraced the deception to save her family from public embarrassment.

Nandini's heart ached as she held onto her father during the Vidai ceremony. She wept silently, her emotions overwhelming her. Even though she knew her father didn't truly care about her, this was her opportunity to express her love, a poignant farewell filled with heartfelt sorrow.

Manik, on the other hand, was growing increasingly impatient as the ceremonies continued. In his mind, he couldn't help but think, "Let's get through this. It's just a matter of fulfilling these traditional rituals." His dispassionate demeanor remained intact as he moved through the events, all the while wrestling with his thoughts about this new, unfamiliar bride.

Nandini clung to her father, and Manik held onto his own thoughts. The wedding was moving forward, but the bride and groom each had their own secrets and emotions churning beneath the surface.

The time came for Nandini and Manik to set off for their new home, as husband and wife. Nandini's silent sobs continued during the car journey, a blend of fear and uncertainty filling her heart. She was haunted by questions-how would Manik's family react? Would they accept her, or would they see her as a deceiver? She was caught between her love for her father and the unforeseen consequences of her actions.

Manik, on the other hand, began to feel a pang of sympathy for his wife. The term 'wife' still felt foreign as it slipped off his tongue. Observing Nandini's silent suffering, he extended his handkerchief to her, an offering of comfort amidst her relentless tears.

They reached thMalhotra residence, where the customary Graha Pravesh and other welcoming ceremonies took place. Nandini was led to her new room, urged to freshen up and rest. The drama of the day had yet to unfold, with the secret of the replaced bride still securely hidden from the world.

As the night descended on their new life together, both Manik and Nandini carried their unique burdens and secrets. It was a situation neither had anticipated, and the challenges they would face were only beginning to reveal themselves. Nandini's heart was heavy, and Manik couldn't shake off the unease that had settled within him. They had entered into this alliance as strangers, and their journey was bound to be a tumultuous one.

.
.
.
.
I'm really sorry if this is boring, it's my first time writing so I'm trying to learn a lot while writing. I'm hoping to give the best I can but if it still lacks I'm really sorry, I'll try to improve myself a lot.
Thank you for giving this book a try😊❤️