chapter 17

Everybody was sitting at the breakfast table. Nandini started serving the food to everyone. Initially, her ma had asked her to sit, but Nandini requested her maa that she herself would serve since she had prepared the food.

Laughter and lively banter filled the air as the family delved into the aromatic food. Papa, amidst a mouthful of delight, was the first to express his admiration, "Beta, Nandini, there's magic in your hands!"

Dadi, with her discerning palate, joined in, "Absolutely! This is amazing! Come on, join us. Why are you standing there?"

Nandini looked confused but nevertheless came and sat on the chair that was left near Manik.

They all were enjoying their food, talking, and laughing about the wedding. The cousins were having a banter, while the elders had their talks. Nandini was happy with the sight, as she never had this experience of sitting with the family and eating ever in her life. She felt somewhat nice. It was never the same at her house. She does not even remember the last time she even sat with her family for a proper conversation. But she was really happy now, even though things went bad. She was happy that she had a loving family.

Suddenly, Maa sees Nandini all still and smiling. She asks her what happened.

Nandini: "Nothing Maa... just happy looking at everyone and delighted that they are enjoying the food. This is the first time I'm seeing my family eat the food I prepared happily."

Maa: "Areey, beta, this happiness is the magic ingredient you added to the food. Keep spreading joy like this."

Now, there's even kheer pending. Eating that, they'll all stop talking, believe me or not. Nandini went to get the kheer for everyone. Everybody started eating, and they were so immersed that all of them actually stopped talking.

As it was her peheli rasoi, her mother-in-law and father-in-law gifted her a pretty necklace.

Manik, who was silent the whole while, was getting ready to leave for the office. He wanted to compliment Nandini but was shy to do that in front of everyone because of the teasing that would come along. He had decided to tell her this in the evening after they return home.

Before leaving, he informed his parents and Nandini. He also informed that Nandini would be going out for lunch today and that he would pick her up once she's done. He told this so that they wouldn't worry about her.

.........

Thank you for reading ☺️💗
Sorry for the short chapters.
Will try to update another chapter in 2 or 3 days.