Chapter 20

Hey guyssss!!!
Here's a short update. Will update the next part soon.
Sorry for the irregular updates. I have been caught up with too many things in college.

Happy reading🤍

A few days passed, and Nandini found herself somewhat bored at home. She contemplated resuming work but hesitated, unsure of how her decision would be received by her in-laws. They managed their own business, and she pondered whether they would be comfortable with their daughter-in-law working outside. She had been thinking of discussing it with Manik soon.

Amidst these thoughts, she decided to prepare lunch for Manik and papa.

Despite feeling bored at home since her in-laws weren't allowing her to engage in any tasks, she was genuinely happy with the way they treated her like their own daughter—a bond she never thought she'd experience in her life.

Nandini, immersed in thoughts about what to prepare for Manik and Papa, approached her Ma.

Nandini: Ma, I want to prepare lunch for Manik and Papa and go and give it to them. Can you tell me what they like, please?

Ma: No need for pleases and all, Nandu. But Going to their office for this is too much work, beta. You'll be tired.

Their bond had grown strong over the past few days, evolving into a friendship that Nandini cherished.

Nandini: Ma, cooking makes me happy. So it's okay, I won't be tired. Going to their office will also give me a chance to see their workplace.

Ma: Oh, yes, you haven't been to the office yet. This Manik, he doesn't do even one thing properly. How could he not take you? Let him come today.

Nandini: Arreyyy Maaaa... It's okay, don't scold him. He has been busy after the wedding and the reception. Don't worry about it. I can go and see it today, na.

Ma: Do anything that makes you happy, beta. Now tell me, what do you want to know?

Nandini: I want to know what to prepare for them? What do they like the most?

They spent quality time together preparing food, talking and enjoying themselves.

After finishing the cooking, Nandini went to get ready, and Ma suggested taking the driver along, to which she reluctantly agreed.

On her way to Manik's office, Nandini messaged him to let him know about the lunch.

Nandini: Hello, Manik. Sorry to disturb you, but I thought I'd inform you before coming.

Manik promptly replied before she could send another message.

Manik: Hello, Nandini. What happened? Where are you coming?

Nandini: I'm coming to your office to give you lunch. I prepared lunch today for you and Papa.

Manik: Thank you so much, Nandini. But it wasn't needed. You've done so much work, and you even came all the way here. You could've sent it with the driver.

Nandini: I was happy to do it. Don't worry about it. And I get to see the office also, na.

Manik: If it makes you happy, then no worries. But call me when you reach. I'll come down to pick you.

Nandini: Okay.
.
.

Do tell me how you'll like the update. It would help me write the next chapters. Happy to receive any criticisms.
Thank you.