Chapter 10

The day of the reception unfolded with a mix of excitement and uncertainty for Nandini. As the replaced bride, she found herself thrust into a celebration she hadn't anticipated. Determined to savor every moment, knowing this experience was a one-time affair, she embraced the festivities with a newfound enthusiasm.

Her attire for the night was a beautiful lehenga, a gift from her new family. The fabric draped elegantly, showcasing a blend of tradition and contemporary finesse. The vibrant colors and intricate embroidery added to its allure, transforming Nandini into a vision of grace.

As Nandini prepared to leave for the venue, Mrs. Maya, understanding the significance of the moment, had arranged for a skilled makeup artist and hairstylist. Their expertise added a final touch, enhancing Nandini's features without overshadowing her natural charm.

 Their expertise added a final touch, enhancing Nandini's features without overshadowing her natural charm

Mrs. Maya, Manik's mother, entered the room, carrying a small box that held a family heirloom – a delicate necklace with a story woven through generations.

Mrs. Maya: (smiling warmly) "Oh, my dear Nandini! How beautiful you look today!"

Nandini: (thanking her warmly) "Thank you, Ma."

Mrs. Maya: "This necklace, given to me by my mother-in-law on my wedding day, carries a story that spans generations. Today, I'm delighted to pass it on to you."

Nandini: "Ma, I can't. It seems too precious, too much worth."

Mrs. Maya: (gently) "Nandini, sometimes, traditions add a unique charm to the present. This necklace is a symbol of our love and legacy. Trust me, it will complement your beauty."

Nandini: (smiling) "Alright, Ma. If it means so much to you, I'll wear it."

Mrs. Maya: (placing the necklace around Nandini's neck) "You look stunning, my dear. This necklace has witnessed generations of love, and now it becomes a part of your story."

Then, with a warm pat on Nandini's shoulder, Mrs. Maya left, leaving Nandini to give herself a final look and gather her belongings before leaving .