Chapter 15

The soft glow of dawn spilled through the curtains, casting a warm hue across the room. Nandini stirred awake at the early hour of 5:30 AM, a routine she had adopted long before the unexpected turns in her life. As she gently slid out of the bed, she couldn't help but glance at Manik, still lost in the embrace of a peaceful slumber.

In the quiet of the morning, her thoughts weaved through the events that led to this moment. How a single decision altered her entire life, leading to a marriage she never contemplated. Despite the lack of intention, it happened. Now, in the serenity of dawn, she found herself part of a happy family, a dream she never thought would materialize in her life.

Despite everything, Nandini found solace in the unexpected happiness of being part of a loving family. Though Manik's chosen path was undeniably wrong, she sensed genuine remorse in his eyes. However, forgiving him wasn't an easy task. Time was what she needed, and she was grateful that he seemed willing to give her that space.

Suddenly, the thought of her friends struck her. She hadn't said a word to them amidst all this chaos. Today, she needed to meet them and share all the events. With these thoughts lingering, Nandini rose from her bed and prepared for the day. By the time she finished getting ready, Manik was nowhere to be seen in the room, having started his usual morning routine.

She descended the stairs, wondering where he had disappeared, and there she encountered her mother-in-law.

Nandini: "Good morning Maaa, Ashirwad Dijiyega."

Maya: (touching Nandini's forehead dearly, smiling) "Good morning beta, Did you sleep well?"

Nandini: "Haan maa, slept achhee Sai."

Noticing Nandini's puzzled expression, Maya gently inquired about it.

Nandini hesitated but eventually asked her.

Nandini: "Maaa.....that, (hesitant) Manik was in the room when I woke up but he isn't there now." (confused expression)

Maya: (Smiling at cute confused Nandini) "He went for his morning routine beta. Nothing new. He and his fitness is a never-ending saga."

Nandini: (slightly embarrassed) "Oh! Maaa... can I prepare breakfast for everyone today? If you don't mind?"

Maya: "Of course beta, why would I mind? Isn't it your house also now?"

Nandini: "Yes maa....."

Maya: "Come, let me help you."

They continue talking, chatting, and preparing breakfast. Meanwhile, Manik returns from his gym, observing his Maa and Nandini laughing and talking, enjoying their time in the kitchen. He feels happy seeing them and goes to his room to freshen up without disturbing their moment.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYSSS🥳

Updating after a really really long time. Sorry for that. I was stuck and confused, and was re-writing the whole thing over and over again. Posted a small part from my draft. Will update the rest soon.

Help me know how you like the chapter ☺️
If there are reviews do comment, I'll try to write better the next time. ☺️💗
Thank you for taking your time and reading 🤍