Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Slide.

The knight raised his sword.

He was the guardian spirit of the Forgotten Moon Temple.

'Karuna, the Moonlight Knight.'

The reason the Forgotten Moon Temple was so notoriously difficult was because of the Moon's Plaza, the place Seol was standing right now.

'It was hard figuring out a strategy when we first did it.'

The Moonlit Dance was way too difficult of an Adventure for a game you're supposed to sit around in a circle on the table and laugh about.

This Gate's goal was for the player to reach the safe zone at the opposite side of the plaza while dodging Karuna's attacks.

The problem was that even a single attack from Karuna would result in you being scorched to death by the moonlight.

It was one of those horrible sections where the boss master had an instant-kill attack pattern.

- Woah... someone that looks cool came out...

- Breaking News) This guy's the first player to reach the final Gate sheeesh

- We're at the forefront of humanity!

- The only info we have is the guidebook. Woah, what are his stats?!

- This is supposed to be a tutorial Adventure?

This Gate was pretty much a game of tag.

It looked simple but because other simple things were added to it, it became rather complex.

'The tiles...'

The tiles he saw in the 1st Gate: ferocious lion, jealous wolf, benevolent moon, docile sheep.

The tiles in this room had the same drawings as he saw there.

'And the colors.'

Red, blue, and black.

Every single type of tile he stepped on earlier was here.

He had to reach the safe zone by stepping on these tiles while avoiding Karuna's attacks. It sounded easy but every single person who thought this would be easy, died to Karuna's moonlight.

'It's been a while.'

Seol looked at the options in front of him.

[[You see a tile.]

1. Step on the Black Sheep Tile.

2. Step on the Black Wolf Tile.

3. Step on the Black Moon Tile.

4. ...

...]

For the first tile, Seol stepped on a red lion tile.

Click.

"Insolent!"

The order he had to step on the tiles was the same as before: lion, wolf, moon, then sheep.

This was going to be the case until he reached the safe zone.

If he messes up, even once, Karuna's moonlight would fully charge and kill the player's piece.

'The colors each play their individual role too.'

The red tile slowed down Karuna and removed a part of his moonlight.

Bsss

When Seol stepped on the red lion tile, Karuna's armor lost a bit of its shine.

'You have to step on the red tile about three times.'