Chapter 63

Chapter 63

Pitter... Patter...

Water dripped in this dark space, one droplet at a time.

"Am I... dead?"

Karen, the ashen knight, scratched her head. She didn't understand the current situation.

She had already experienced death once before. The death she faced back then was complete darkness. She wasn't in some space with her memories, like she was right now.

"Then does this mean... that I'm not dead right now?"

The image of Karuna, her brother, begging for her while grabbing her still lingered in her memory.

"Do I... still have regrets left?"

And then...

Crackle... Crackle...

The dark area lit up for a second. And as it did, someone's vision revealed itself to Karen.

"Gasp... Gasp..."

Badump... Badump...

Their heart was pounding.

She was watching the world through someone else's eyes.

It was vibrant and three-dimensional, like she was there herself. Judging by how the scenery was moving up and down, it seemed like the person was riding a horse.

"Is this... someone's memory?"

Karen was confident that it was someone's memory.

"I have to go... She's waiting for me."

Rumble Rumble Rumble...

A deep voice.

Karen instantly knew who this voice belonged to.

"Karuna! It's Karuna's!"

She was glad to hear the voice, but she was also saddened by it.

And as she also saw what Karuna saw, she was in complete shock, like she had just gone from heaven to hell.

Spurt... Spurt...

Karuna was looking at his abdomen.

Blood.

Karuna must have gotten on his saddle without properly stopping the bleeding beforehand. Every time the horse galloped, blood would drip down.

"Karuna!"

Karen urgently shouted his name, but her voice didn't reach him.

"Haah... Haah... Karen... told me... that she would... be waiting for me... I promised... her... that I would... go back... I..."

Thud.

Karuna's vision went black.

Crash!

It was clearly the sound of him falling off his horse. Karen could feel Karuna falling through the air.

Fwoooooosh...

Splash... Splash...

"D-Did he fall off?"

Karen was caught off guard, like she was the one who fell off the cliff herself.

And after that, there were no more changes.

The only thing Karen could feel was the current sweeping her off somewhere.

Karen could sense that these memories were her brother's, Karuna's, memories.

"So you really were coming back."