Chapter 81

Chapter 81

Seol was only able to find the culprit infecting the town through an unexpected clue.

It was because Gunt's face was different from the face on the child's drawing.

If Seol hadn't luckily looked at the child's drawing, he could have spent a long, long time before uncovering that Gunt was behind it all.

"Hehehe... I knew I should have killed you that day. In the end, you followed me to my base and caused a huge commotion..."

"Were you behind what happened in Twilight Town too?"

"Who else would it be? Hehehehe!"

Snap!

As Gunt snapped his fingers, the cries of monsters could be heard around the town.

Guaaaaaarghh...

Gurrrrr...

"D-Dr. Gunt!"

"How could this be... What did you do..."

"Kyaaa! Th-there are monsters outside!"

Not only were they outside, but they were also slowly closing in on where Seol was. Seol then asked Gunt a question.

"Where did you get those monsters from?"

"Hold on, hold on! It's a bit unfair if you're the only one asking questions, alright? What do you think about this, then? I like making trades... What do you think about taking turns asking each other questions?"

"Whatever works for me. Answer me now."

"Obviously, they're the corpses of the sick. Is that a sufficient answer?"

"...It is."

The townspeople were all shocked by Gunt's changed behavior.

"Dr. Gunt! How could you do something so horrendous...?"

"Didn't you say that you were staying here to save us?"

Gunt laughed.

"Save you? Hahahaha! I was your guys' savior?"

"W-Were you not?"

"You idiots. This is happening specifically because you left your own salvation to others!"

After saying that, he pulled out something from his pockets.

It was a vial filled with black liquid.

Seol had seen something like that before in the scroll Chao gave him.

"I was the one who spread Fog Disease. This medicine right here was used to put people to sleep before eventually turning them into my corpses. Regrettably, for you, this is the grim reality beneath the facade of salvation you sought so desperately."

"No way..."

"Dr. Gunt, wake up! I don't know why you're acting like this, but..."

"If you don't know, then shut up! Hehehe!"

Seol quickly realized that the vial of medicine that Gunt was shaking was the 'Sleeping Medicine' that he had been searching for. However... he was more shocked after realizing that this very medicine was the root cause of all the events that had transpired.

'Why does Chao need something like that?'

It was difficult for Seol to come up with other potential effects that the horrible medicine could have.

"Now, it's my turn to ask a question. How did you know that I was the mastermind behind all of this?"

"......"