Chapter 66

Chapter 66

"Currently, there's nothing that I can do."

"...Huh?"

"This sword is not ordinary. I'm sure you knew that already, though, yes?"

"I could somewhat tell that."

It was a sword that Karen, an ancient knight, used.

Even though only its handle and a part of its blade were left by the passage of time, Seol was able to tell that it was powerful when it was first created.

"It was quite painstakingly made. Also, it's similar to the sword I enhanced before."

"Are you talking about the Moonlight Sword? But you were able to bring back the Moonlight Sword to its original state..."

"It's different from then. I don't have any materials I can reinforce this with, not to mention the fact that since only the sword's handle is left, the entirety of the sword needs to be reconstructed."

"Materials, materials..."

Seol thought for a second at Hamun's words before speaking again.

"Then does that mean you can repair it if I'm somehow able to bring you the proper materials?"

"Well, you're not wrong. However, if I want to amplify the sword's power without distorting it, it would require a very intricate process."

"What kind of..."

"I have no idea what material this sword's blade is made out of. I have some people looking into it, but no one has found anything out yet."

"Then how did you repair Breath before?"

"Breath also isn't the sword's complete state. This is simply an imitation of it. I assume that the sword's original power was much stronger than how it is right now."

"...I see."

Breath was already a Peerless quality sword.

Seol was also probably the only player with a Peerless quality weapon right now, and he was definitely the only one who gave a Peerless quality weapon to their summon.

'Breath... is an imitation at best? How powerful was the sword originally then?'

Seol could tell that the sword was originally supposed to be extremely powerful, but the problems that came with it because of its strength only made Seol worry more.

'I guess the problem is the material then...'

Seol asked Karen a question, "Karen, have you used other swords before other than the Red Lotus Sword?"

"Of course! I often used the training swords when I trained."

"Really? Then that's a relie—"

"They all burned down, though."

"...What?"

"Did you mishear? When I use other swords, the heat liquifies the swords to the point of uselessness. They either warp and break apart, or the blade becomes dull... minor stuff like that?"

"That doesn't sound minor at all."

"It's minor, at least to me. Ah, back when I used to train at the Empire's capital... They told me that the equipment that the trainees ruined in one year was still less than the equipment I ruined in a month. Funny, right?"

It was funny.

Or at least it would be if it was someone else's problem.

"Then without the Red Lotus Sword..."