Chapter 97

Chapter 97

Karen blinked a couple of times after hearing Seol scream.

"Are you... mad at me right now?" asked Karen.

"I'm not. It's just a bit troublesome to open that here."

"Oh, really?"

It was because once the rewards chest was opened, a time limit, separate from the Remaining Time, was introduced.

And once either the new time was used or if Seol chose to end the Adventure, they would be transported to their location.

'But it would be dangerous if we did that.'

It was because Seol's current rest location was Audenin.

Even though Seol could have selected Kongory as his location when he came north, as he wanted to choose Gulia as his location, he skipped changing his location entirely.

As a result, Seol's current location was still Audenin, which was far away from here.

'And if I were to be transported to Audenin, the Expedition System would trigger again.'

Considering how much difficulty Seol faced last time, when he took the Expedition System lightly, it was clear that transporting all the way to Audenin would be like willingly stepping into hell.

After all, Seol still had things to do in Nobira too.

Seol placed his hands on Karen's shoulders.

"We can confirm it once we arrive in Gulia."

"Alright."

Karen groaned, struggling to move the box.

"It's a bit big, though?"

"Move, elf. I'll do it."

Jamad lifted the Sulfur Skull Loot over his shoulder.

"Woah... thanks."

"Let's go."

Since Seol needed to make the most out of his Remaining Time, he quickly went on his way.

They had much to do left.

Seol's party quickly left the destroyed Fire Altar and returned to where they came from.

Not too long after, they managed to return inside Nevenia's borders through the tunnel that the Sulfur Skull Tribe made without crossing the border or passing through Gulia.

Rumble...

Mael murmured in an unfamiliar language.

Not too long after...

Ruuuuumble!

Crumble Crumble!

The tunnel completely collapsed, creating dust.

Mael and Seol's party were uninjured as they already knew what Mael would do to it.

"Is it over with this?"

"Though it's unclear how they discovered the opening here, it's clear that the Sulfur Skull Tribe used this gap to penetrate their defenses. But now that this tunnel has completely collapsed, it will take them several months to repair it."

"And Gulia would be properly prepared for them before that."

"Since the freed prisoners have given their word to us, I'm sure they'll do it fine on their own."

Since Seol hadn't passed through Gulia initially, heading to Gulia directly from Yognatun's direction could have the guards accuse Seol with the crime of illegally crossing the border.