Chapter 113

Chapter 113

"...Huh?"

"You know, that transferee... did you not hear about them, oppa? I wonder why he came to Nobira, though."

"Ah, I heard about them too, just not the specifics."

"Haah... Even if you are slow in catching up with recent events, this is way too slow, oppa. Are you the type of person who builds a wall around themselves from the rest of the world? Luckily for you, I'm really caught up with everything. Information is king in Pandea! You basically owe me your life, oppa."

"My life?"

"Your life depends on information, but you're slow in acquiring it! You can't survive in Pandea with a half-hearted mindset! Not to mention, you're a summo... nevermind."

- You were about to say summoner just now, weren't you!

- I know it! You were about to insult me!

- Seol suddenly has a debt to pay lmfao.

Seol felt how quickly rumors spread among the transferees, as even an ordinary one was already aware of what had happened in Yognatun.

But another part of him was also curious.

He was curious about what his actions meant to the other ordinary transferees.

"You know about Nobira's downfall, right?"

"Yes, I'm aware."

"So the reason that happened was actually because of some terrifying trolls from beyond the walls. Who could've known the wall protecting the kingdom had a hole in it?"

"When did you hear about this?"

"I-I don't know? It's before we entered the Great Forest, so... still, do you know how these rumors formed?"

Somi lowered her voice as much as she could, like she was about to share vital information.

"Apparently, there was a transferee who didn't think it was enough to cross the wall and chased them down all the way to the Yognatun Volcano."

"Really?"

- (Trying his best to pretend he doesn't know)

- (Shocked expression)

- (Oh my goodness!)

"So... yeah. From what I heard, they defeated all the monsters in Yognatun and pushed back the trolls who were plotting something elsewhere. All of that was because of one person. By the way, do you know what his powers are?"

"Are there already rumors about that too?"

"Apparently, they were already quite famous around here. Nothing much about them had spread before, but since they dealt with one huge event after another... it was like boom! And everything started spilling out."

"I see."

"They control shadows. Isn't that scary?"

"What? Scary?"

"I mean, that's something a cliché mastermind behind the shadows would use... it's eerie too."

"Are you saying they're bad then?"

"Not at all. Rather, they'd be perfect for our party. My dream was to be a mastermind in the shadows. But... you don't look surprised at all after hearing about this. Is this not shocking to you?"

"It is shocking."

"You don't seem surprised at all, though... Ah, are you the type who's jealous of famous people? I used to leave hate comments on celebrities too. I get it. It's just human nature."