16.

Is it a crime?Is it a crimeThat I still want you?And I want you to want me too

Is it a crime?
Is it a crime
That I still want you?
And I want you to want me too

Sade's voice purred from the speakers. The soft melody filling the air intertwined with the dim lighting and the distant sound of her breathing.

The tantalizing scent of food permeated the air, teasing Kaseci's senses and causing her stomach to growl in anticipation.

Suppressing her hunger, she allowed her eyes to explore the diner absorbing every detail of her surroundings.

The dim lighting in the diner cast a warm glow on the worn-out booths. Almost giving the area a nostalgic charm.

The walls were adorned with vintage photographs and faded posters, telling stories from different eras.

Kaseci's attention was suddenly drawn to the sound of a sizzling grill coming from the open kitchen.

The chef, a black tall man with a black apron on skillfully flipped burgers. His movements were precise as if he had been doing this for years.

As her eyes continued to scan the diner, she noticed the digital clock next to the worn-out menu displaying 2:00 am.

Kaseci's gaze shifted to the window, where her car remained untouched in the empty parking lot.

Choosing a seat at the back, Kaseci positioned herself to have a clear view of everything happening around her. She refused to get caught lacking.

The cold vinyl of the seat sent a shiver up her spine as she leaned back. She welcomed the sensation enjoying the calmness of the night.

Her senses were on high alert as her left hand was shoved into the pocket of her gray sweatpants. Her fingertips traced the cold metal that was off safety ready to shoot.