17.

I catch your eye then look away as if it never happenedAt times I feel as though I'm caught up in a strange dreamIf eyes could talk then mines would tell ya that I'm feeling youSometimes I swear your eyes be telling me the same thing

At times I feel as though I'm caught up in a strange dream
If eyes could talk then mines would tell ya that I'm feeling you
Sometimes I swear your eyes be telling me the same thing

  Seji felt a slight wetness on her neck as her damp hair clung to it. The frigid wooden floor sent shivers up her spine.

Her body was only partially covered, with a snug white tank top hugging her skin and black boxers that she had slipped into after her shower.

Standing in the doorway, the light danced on her skin as she took in the view outside.

The events from last night invaded her mind stirring up emotions she didn't want to confront.

A sense of conflicted turmoil enveloped her, leaving her feeling vulnerable and unsure. She let out a low, heavy sigh as she turned away from the window.

The weight of her emotions pressed down on her. She felt lost in the silence, her mind consumed by the haunting memories of the previous night.

Confusion overtook Seji's mental space as she tried to comprehend the events that had unfolded in the past twenty-four hours.

It was difficult for her to wrap her head around the fact that she had come so close to losing her life not once, but twice.

Seji couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions, she felt foolish for even considering taking her own life.

She realized just how much she had taken her existence for granted by contemplating giving it up willingly, especially when it was nearly snatched from her forcefully.

Closing her eyes she tried to steady her racing heart as the images of bullets fully plagued her mind.

The fear that had gripped her so tightly was still fresh in her mind, it was as if time had slowed down during those terrifying moments, each second stretching out into an eternity of uncertainty.