Lacy.

Chapter 10

"Lacy."

M/N=Mom's name

The next morning I woke up to birds chirping and the sun shining through my windows. I found it awfully ironic that the outside world was so happy, when I was hiding a woman in my small apartment.

I sat on my couch holding a cup of tea. I occasionally took a sip from my drink. Toby sat on the floor next to me, he also had a cup of tea.

I tried distracting myself with anything that could catch my eye. Like how I never thought Toby would be the type to drink tea, or the fact that none of my neighbors called the police after hearing a gunshot ring through the complex.

I took another sip of my tea, it was supposed to calm me down, but as the time passed the only thing my mind would lead back to was the woman I had shot, and stuffed in my closet.

"We should take her some food. Maybe she'll start talking and we can get some information from her." Toby turned over and looked at me, he looked exhausted. "That's a horrible idea." I sighed, and took another long sip of tea. "Well what amazing ideas do you have?" I put air quotes around 'amazing'. "Leave her in there." He grumbled, and set his tea down on the table. "We can't leave her in there to die! And it was your grand idea for me to fix your little operator or slenderman problem. She's the best shot we got at freeing you and your friends." I sipped from my tea. "They're not my friends."

"Whatever, you know what I mean." I took another sip- or wait it's all gone. I placed my empty cup next to Toby's. "I don't." I hopped up ignoring him. "Come on." I grabbed his arm and tugged him up, he followed me into my bedroom without saying anything else.

Toby stood in front of the closet as I searched my room for a notebook. "Ah ha!" I dug under my bed and grabbed an old, worn down notebook. On the front in black sharp it read "M/N notebook."

That's weird. I don't remember bringing any of moms journals with me.

I ignored it and flipped a few pages until I came across a few empty pages. I grabbed the pen hooked on the notebook and wrote my name, and #1 Lacy interview.

"Okay, I'm ready." Toby nodded, and opened the closet. "Ah." I jumped back as I saw Lacy's wide, and bloodshot eyes. Somehow her blue eyes looked even more blue than they normally do. Her hands were tied to the chair, behind her back. Her legs were also tied to the chair.

Toby roughly pulled the gag out of her mouth. "Let me go!" Flowed from her mouth like she had been practicing for hours. I slowly walked up to her. "Why are you doing this?" She looked down at me as I spoke. "Doing what?" She spat out. Toby stood at the side watching. "Helping Tim, and the operator."

Her eyes bore into me as I spoke. "He loves me, I love him! You help the people you love." Behind me I heard Toby sigh. "Then why'd he leave you?" Toby finally spoke up, and walked up beside me.

Something in her seemed to click. Her attention was fully focused on Toby. She didn't seem to have an excuse for Tim. "I-." She stopped mid sentence, tears slowly started falling from her eyes.

I couldn't help but pity her, as she silently weeped. The tears fell from her face, and fell onto the bottom of my wooden wardrobe. "He told me he loved me." Finally she spoke up. "Well he lied." I nudged Toby in the arm, silently telling him to shut up.

"That jerk told me he loved me, and I believed him!" Her weeping quickly turned into sobbing. "Do you know where we could find him, maybe we could give you the justice you need." She sniffled, and Toby looked at me like I was crazy. "Yeah-, I mean, I don't know how you guys didn't find out sooner." She laughed. I tilted my head in confusion, and my eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean?" Slowly she calmed down from her giggle fest. "He would always bring me over to 25A, to do, you know, stuff." My eyes widened. "The apartment 25A?" She nodded, and I continued to stare in shock. Apartment 25A just so happened to be right below me.

"You've gotta be kidding me." I quickly wrote down what I had found out so far in the notebook.

I stared down at my paper as I thought of my next question. Then it hit me. "Was Tim the one who broke into my office?" The scent of cigarettes flooded through me again, almost like it was in the same room as us, as I recalled the way Tim smelt, and the way my office smelt.

She snorted. "Yeah- I really don't know how you didn't find out sooner." I could feel Toby glaring at me, but I ignored it. "What did he take!" I asked loudly, desperation was flooding through me, like I needed the answers.

She shrugged, like this whole thing meant nothing, like it was nothing but a huge game. "He took a few pictures of patient files, but other than that I don't think he took anything." My heart was racing, I felt horrible for my patients, were they his next victims? Or was he using them to get closer to me?

"What patient files did he take pictures of?" She shrugged once again. "Venna Mazi, Connie rogers..." Her words went on and on, but all I could focus on was Toby. He freezed up the moment Connie Rogers was brought up.

"Now that I think about it- I'm pretty sure he only took pictures of those two." I was brought back to Lacy. I nodded, and quickly wrote down their names.

"Why are you telling us all of this?" Toby spoke up, his voice was cold and sharp. Lacy's eyes widened, like she had just realized she had talked too much, or maybe she didn't have an excuse. "Umm- well, because," Toby cut her off by shoving the gag back into her mouth.

"I'm done with this." Toby walked out of the room, and Lacy's range of emotions circled back to anger. She slashed around trying to untangle herself from the ropes. The chair swayed side to side, almost falling over countless times. I sighed and closed the door.