Sex, Drugs, Exc.

Chapter 16

"Sex, drugs, exc."

Toby and I waited until night to take Lacy out of my closet. It was somewhere around 12am, Toby and I had given Lacy a few of my sleeping pills. She swayed in and out of unconsciousness as Toby and I helped her down the stairs.

"Are you sure this will work?" My foot made contact with the final step, as I looked over to Toby. "Yeah, they never check the woods." I remembered his prier words. 'Neither of us can be here'. Of course he was talking about the forest, and of course we were heading to the forest. The only place where we would stick out like red thumbs, and the only place where we had giant targets on our backs.

We brought her to the passenger seat of my car, and tossed her in. I buckled her in as Toby made his way to the front seat. "You're driving?" I laughed, as he looked at me. "I'm the only one who knows where we're going, aren't I?" He gave me a crooked smile, as he jumped into the car.

As the car roared below me, as I stared out the window. I didn't know what my life was turning into. I thought I would live a happy long life, enjoying my job, meeting new people, succeeding at life. I never expected to stuff a girl in my closet, drug her, then bring her to some unknown area so the police wouldn't catch me.

I never saw myself being in cahoots with a possessed grumpy adult, or being chased by a faceless creature that I've never even seen.

I slumped down when I thought about my mom. She wasn't getting any younger, and here I was wasting my life away, instead of spending time with her. I thought about my last call with her. It was unsettling. How was my unfortunate series of events reaching her?

This was all too much to handle. I felt like I was slowly cracking under the pressure of whatever this whole arrangement was.

I looked over to Toby. His eyes were already on me. He quickly looked away. I sighed and smiled. At least a friendship has blossomed out of this horrible situation.

My smile fell once again as I recalled the embarrassing incident of a few hours ago. Blood rushed to my face, as I stared intently out the window. I had tried to kiss Toby, and Seth knocking on my door was the only thing that stopped me.

Toby didn't stop me, he looked almost unfazed, like he was expecting it, or maybe he was letting it happen.

Truthfully I didn't know if I wanted him to let it happen or not. What would our relationship be like if we did. How would it change, because after that I know it wouldn't be the same. It already wasn't.

I finally noticed the outside world as I snapped out of my trance. It was snowing outside. Big white chunks fell from the sky and landed on the window. Toby had flicked on the window wipers. They washed away each chunk of snow.

It was beautiful. The sky was a light gray, and each tree that we passed was covered in the same snow that was attempting to bury me now. It was mesmerizing.

I jolted up as the road switched from asphalt to nothing but dirt and rock. Ahead of us was a small cabin. It couldn't have more than one bedroom.

It was also covered in snow. It looked like how I would imagine a winter wonderland. Toby slowly pulled up to the cabin and parked the car right in front of it. "We're here." Toby sounded tired, like no matter how much sleep he got he was still tired.

"I've got Lacy, go inside." He spoke again, it was a demand. I lightly shook my head. "I can carry her, she's not too heavy." He looked at me skeptically, and got out of the car. I did the same. I walked back to the passenger seat and swung the door open. I unbuckled Lacy, and dragged her up out of the seat.