You Get Me So High.

Chapter 20

"You Get Me So High."

I jolted up awake. A book, my mothers book, jumped with me, and landed on the floor. I wiped my face, a line of drool ran down my face. Gross, I thought. I looked around, and saw Toby passed out next to me, our notes crammed between him and the couch.

I stood up and rubbed my face. When did we fall asleep? I looked around, hoping to find some clues. I tugged on our notebook, and freed it from the couch and Toby. I flipped to the last page Toby had written on, February 3erd was scribbled on top. We almost finished the book.

I looked back over to Toby, contemplating shaking him awake. I shook my head, grabbed my mother's journal, and went to my dining room.

In the kitchen my coffee pot dinged, signaling the coffee was done. That was weird. I walked over to it and picked it up, swishing it around. It looked normal, and it smelt normal. Toby must have made it. How long was he awake?

It was too early for this many questions. I poured myself a steaming cup of coffee, and dressed it up to my liking.

I sat down with my cup of coffee, and the two books. I flipped through my mothers book to February 3erd, then I flipped to the next page. February 14th, valentines day.

Happy Valentines. Was written on the top of the page.

Today was amazing. My baby was able to get the full valentines experience! I bought her chocolate covered strawberries, she couldn't figure out how to eat them at first. But when she finally figured it out she loved them.

I squinted my eyes at the next few words. Confused to say the least.

Scott came over today. He brought some take out, and we had a nice little family dinner. Scotts the guy that I wish was little Y/N's father. He's perfect, sometimes I think he's too perfect, but then I remember who he is, and I remember he's just the one for me!

I remembered Scott. He was far from perfect. I didn't remember him coming around until I was about seven or eight. Guess she waited a while before she let us meet, and for good reason.

Anyways. I thought I wouldn't see it today, but like always I was wrong. After Scott had left I was setting Y/N down to go to sleep, and he was just standing outside of her bedroom. All I could see were his legs. He was just waiting for me to leave. I didn't know what to do, but I had to keep her safe. I sat and prayed for 15 minutes, and when I opened my eyes he had moved about 5 feet away. I could see his emotionless face. I don't think praying is the best solution. I read that salt could help, and I'm waiting on the incense that I ordered. I hope that I can solve this before Y/N gets older.

I looked around the page as if I expected something else to appear but nothing did. I groaned, and wrote down the important stuff.

I flipped to the next page, and as I saw it my stomach flipped. The whole page was blacked out with pen. I brushed my hand over it, and felt every indent the pen had made.

The next page looked the same. And the next page, and the one after that. Finally the page flipped to show a drawing. My eyes shot to each point of it. It looked just like the creature, the operator. It had long dangly arms, and stick thin legs. It had things poking out of its back, like tentacles.

I felt nauseous as I looked at it. I couldn't explain it, it just made me feel sick.

I shot up, knocking the chair over with me. I looked away gagging. My knees buckled and I had to hold onto the table for support. My gagging quickly turned into a violent coughing fit. I heard loud footsteps rushing towards me. My eyes blurred with tears, and before I knew it I felt Tobys hand on my shoulder, as he held me up.