Escapism.

Chapter 19

"Escapism"

I looked over to Toby, held his head down in shame. "Okay." I said, nodding my head. "What do you need to say to me?" I stared at Seth intently as I walked over to him, and sat down. He cleared his throat and shifted awkwardly. "Yes, your coworker, Mary? That was her name right?" I nodded. "I need you to tell me where she is." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I don't know where she is." I sharpy spoke, and he sighed. "Right.. Listen Y/N, no more bull shit okay? I need to know what happened to this girl, okay?" His eyes looked as if they were about to fall out of his skull. My eyes flicked back to Toby, his eyes met mine, and gave me an unspoken apology.

Seth followed my gaze and landed on Toby. I could have sworn he jumped when he saw Toby, he must have forgotten he was there. "I don't want to be rude, but could I talk to Y/N alone?" Seth's words sounded kind, but his voice said otherwise. Toby looked over to me, and I nodded. He stood up and walked into another room.

Seth turned back to me. His eyes bore into my skin. He stayed silent, as he gripped his knees. Finally he spoke up. "If that boy made you do something, you can tell me. I won't be mad." My mouth fell, and shut again. I couldn't believe him. I took a long breath. "Why do you care so much about her? What about all the other missing people?" I watched as Seth's eyes grew angry.

"I thought we could do this the nice way, Y/N. Go get your boyfriend, or whoever he is, and bring him to this room. Both of you will sit here and only sit here, while I search those rooms." He said brashly.

I wanted to say something, but I couldn't. I nodded, and stood up. I got up and walked to my bedroom. I opened the door- "Agh." I whacked someone with the door. Toby backed away from the door, holding his nose. "What the hell?" He groaned as he held his nose in pain. "What are you doing?" I asked in surprise. "I was.. Keeping an eye on you." I sighed and held my head back. "Okay, well, we need to go sit down." He gave me a questioning look. "I'll explain later."

He nodded and we walked out of the room. Seth stood in front of the couch, his arms crossed over one another. I looked down as I walked past him.

Seth shuffled into my room, you could hear banging around. I couldn't tell if he was throwing stuff or just really clumsy. One thing for sure though, was that he was a really bad detective. "So.. what happened?" Toby asked, and I took my time explaining the whole interrogation, Seth had not done too well at. "I have more to tell you." I whispered to Toby. He gave me a weird look. "Well, spit it out." I quickly shook my head, and he looked almost like he was glaring at me. "I can't." I whispered once again, leaning in close to Toby's ear. "Not with Seth here." He pulled away from me, and finally looked like he understood.

Another loud thud came from my room. I flipped towards my door, waiting for Seth to appear. Finally he appeared, holding my mothers notebook. I was immediately up, and off of the couch. "Hey! What are you doing?" I swiped for my mother's notebook, and a sick smile found Seth's face. "Is this important? Does it have something suspicious in it?" He held the book up to my eye level, but out of my reach. "That my moms journal, asshole." He scowled at me, but turned the book around to see my mothers name scrawled over it. He scoffed then threw the book onto the floor.

"Don't think you're so smart, Y/N." I walked around me, keeping his eyes on me at all times, like I would jump out and attack him. He yelped when he bumped into Toby, who had been standing behind him. Toby's hands came around and grasped onto Seth's shoulders. His eyes alone looked like they could kill. Seth looked up to Toby's eyes, and shuttered, he looked generally scared. I looked over to Toby's arms, I never realized how muscular his arms were.

"I think it would be best if you left." Seth nodded, fear was plastered over his face. Toby threw Seth backwards. Seth stumbled and ran into the door. As I walked over to Toby's side, Seth frantically jangled the door handle until the door swung open, and freed him.