Kiss Or Kill.

Chapter 25

"Kiss Or Kill."

The car stopped, and we sat in complete silence. Who knew this was going to be so hard? Not just the plan, being around Toby was hard. We couldn't be together, he said it himself. All because he didn't want to hurt me.

"Alright." I said, and opened my door. It was harder to talk to Toby, now at least. I guess it was comforting to know he liked me back. "Let's do this." I climbed out of my car, and Toby followed behind me.

"I'll take the right side of the forest." Toby said, as I popped the truck, revealing cans of gasoline, and matches. "We're splitting up?" I looked over to Toby, but quickly looked away, it hurt too much. He cleared his throat. "It'll be easier that way, plus no one hangs out on that side of the forest." He nodded to my side. "Are you going to be able to take everyone?"

"I'll be fine." He mumbled, and grabbed two cans of our gasoline. He set them on the ground next to him, and looked back at me. "Y/N?" I hummed, and continued to gather my supplies. "I want you to run to the north when you're done. There's a busy road that you'll come across, you'll find someone to help you." My head quickly shot back to look at him. "What? I'm not leaving you."

Toby sighed, and rubbed his forehead. "Y/N, I'll be fine. I just need you to be safe." I turned around and stomped over to him. "I can handle myself. I got myself into this mess, and I brought you into it. Let me help you." Toby shook his head. "This isn't up for disgustion. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew you got hurt because of me."

"This isn't because of you!" I shouted, probably louder than I should have. He looked at me with shock, but he didn't look mad. "Y/N, just do this one thing for me, please." I started to talk down, your chest rising and falling with every breath. It was as if his eyes were begging you to say yes. "Fine." I mumbled, and finally he took a breath of relief.

"Okay." He said a little more pumped up, I didn't understand why. "Let's do this." I nodded, and he started walking away. "See you on the other side?" I said quickly, before he was too far away. Without looking back he nodded. "Yeah, see you on the other side."

That was all I needed, a little confirmation that I would see him again. I just needed to know that he'd be in my life still, I couldn't lose him now.

I walked the opposite direction, and got swallowed into the darkness of the forest. My pockets were full, and heavy, of essentials, like my gun, and all the matches. In each hand I had a can of gasoline, hopefully it would be enough to spread. It was hard to see, but I had a flashlight. I held the flashlight under my chin, as I tried to arrange all the stuff I was holding. I ended up with my flashlight in hand, and both cans of gasoline in the other

There was a chill in the air. It's funny to say that, because it sounds like some mystery book, like I had just popped out of Sherlock Holmes. But it was true, the wind rushed past me, and bit at my neck leaving it red and cold. I shivered, and pulled my jacket as close to me as I could.

Finally it was time. I was far enough into the woods, no one could see me. I unscrewed the cap of each bottle, and held one in each hand, while I held the flashlight in my mouth. I walked, pouring the flammable substance, onto the ground in two lines. I danced around, like no one was watching, flinging the gasoline around, splashing it onto trees, and bushes.

I didn't know how far I had gone, but I was pretty deep into the forest. It was colder and darker than I had ever thought possible. I was out of your gasoline. It was going to be over soon. All over.

I grabbed a box for matches from my pocket. I cracked it up against the box, but nothing happened. I did it again, and again, but still the match wouldn't light. I groaned, and threw the match on the ground.