American Idiot.

Chapter 11

"American Idiot"

"I'm going to break down that fuckers-." I grabbed Toby's shoulders and turned him towards me. "No you're not." He shrugged away from me. "You don't get to tell me what I'll do." My hands fell back to my sides. "Yes I do, and you're going to go take a nap." His eyebrows furrowed at me. "I'm not four." I nodded. "You are not four." I agreed. "But you look exhausted, you can't fall asleep well, we go to investigate room 25A. And I need to do a few things before we leave"

"You're not going with me. He'd kill you." My head cocked to the side. "You don't want me to die?" He scoffed, and stared at me, like he was waiting to say something. Instead of spitting it out, he turned around and started walking into my living room. "You better get started on whatever you have to do."

A smile crossed over my face. I spun around and happily made my way into the kitchen.

I pulled up a recipe on my phone for some cookies, and got started on them. There's no better way to meet some new neighbors than with a sweet treat right? I poured the sugars together and mixed them with the butter. Eventually it was time for the chocolate chips.

I dug through my cupboards looking for them. I ripped open every counter I have only to find nothing. I looked up at my chocolate chip cookie batter that was missing the chocolate chips. They would taste just fine without the chocolate chips right?

I walked over to my batter and scooped some up to try. They would taste just fine without chocolate chips. I scooped up a little more and plopped it into my mouth.

Now it was finally time for the special ingredient. I walked over to one of my cupboards, and swung it open. Standing proudly on the bottom shelf was a full bottle of fast-acting sleeping pills. I swiped them from the shelf and held them in my hand.

I walked back over to my counter, and next to my mixer filled with cookies. I poured out a decent amount of pills, and started crushing them until they became a fine powder. I smiled at my work, and poured them into my cookies.

The cookies didn't take long to cook, and when I pulled them out of the oven they were the perfect golden brown color. They smelled even better than they looked, but I didn't tempt myself. I placed the hot tray down, and started looking for a plate to put them on.

Eventually I had all the cookies placed on a big plate. I walked into my living room, and found Toby fast asleep on my couch. I placed the plate down and walked over to Toby.

I thought about pouring water on him, or throwing some ice down his shirt, but instead I crouched down next to my couch. "Toby." I spoke in a hushed tone, and I lightly shook him. "Toby, we need to get going." I shook him once again. Slowly his eyes opened. He blinked a few times, before looking at me and groaning.

He slowly propped himself up. I couldn't help but laugh as his hair stood up, above his head. "What?" He looked around, confused. I just snickered and walked over to him. My hands ran through his hair, and he didn't stop me. I nicely flattened its hair to its normal spot. I looked down to Toby, whose mouth was slowly turning up into a smile.

"Are you ready to go?" I looked down to Toby, as he spoke. I nodded. "Yup." He reached his hand out to me, to help him up. I clasped my hand around his and yanked him up.

This was one of the first times we had actually been nice, or in any way at least civil with one another. I led Toby out of the room, and swooped my cookie tray up, and placed them on my shoulder like waiters do. I swatted Tobys hand away as he tried to grab a cookie. "Trust me, you don't want any of these." He looked at me like I was crazy, but he didn't try to grab another cookie.

We made our way out of the house, and down to apartment 25A. I stood for a few seconds before my hand rose to the door, and I knocked a few times. I quickly stepped back a few steps, and Toby made his way in front of me.

"I don't want any girl scout cookies." The door slowly opened up revealing Tim. His eyes widened when he saw Toby, but they quickly narrowed. "What are you-." Toby interrupted Tim by shoving him into the house. Tim stumbled back a little and both me and Toby walked into the house.

I closed the door, and immediately the scent of cigarettes flooded into my nostrils. My eyes watered up, as I tried to contain a cough. I placed down the cookies, as Tim and Toby had a staring contest.

"What do you want?" Tim finally broke the silence. "Why'd you want Connie's patient file?" I made a mental note to figure out why Connie was such a trigger for Toby. "And Venna Mazi." I piped in. Tim looked over to me as I spoke, but as soon as I stopped he went right back to direct eye contact with Toby. His frown stayed plastered on his face. "Why would I tell you?" Toby slowly pulled my gun from his pocket.

"You know that won't do much." Tim spoke as Toby pointed the gun at Tim. I stared in confusion. What did he mean by wouldn't do much? It was a gun, of course it would do something. Toby didn't respond, he just continued to point the gun at Tim.

Tim looked around like he was getting ready to do something, and he was. Tim flipped around and started running the opposite direction. Before I knew it a shot rang through the air, one just like last night.

Tim fell to the floor. He had been shot in the leg. "You go look for anything, I'll keep him in here." I nodded and ran past Tim. I dodged his arm as he tried to grab my legs. It stung to run, pain coursed through my leg, the one Lacy had dug her knife into.

I quickly turned into the bedroom. There were clothes all over the room, as well as many cigarette butts. I threw his clothes all into one corner, looking for anything that might be useful. I looked to his bed, and saw a trash can that was filled to the brim. Flies surrounded the trash can. That would explain the bad smell. I gagged and turned away, not bothering to see what was in the trash can.

Standing right infront of me was a closet, with big white doors. I slowly made my way to the closet, I grabbed the handles, and prepared myself in case there was a dead body. I took a deep breath, and swung the doors open.

The closet was filled with clothes, dirty, and clean. I shoved a few hangers around, but nothing was hiding behind them. I backed away and looked up to the top shelf. It was like an ah ah moment when I saw a bunch of patient files sitting stacked on one another.

I tried standing on my tiptoes to grab them but to no avail. I backed up once again, to get a running head start. I ran to the closet, then jumped up grabbing the files. I fell back and landed on my butt with a thud. I groaned in pain as all the files fell down with me.

I started standing up, when something smacked me on the head. It landed on the ground behind me. I turned around to see what had smacked me in the head, and saw a notebook. I quickly flipped it around. My eyes widened a little, as I read the words that had been written in black sharpie. "Another one of M/N's notebooks." I mumbled. I quickly grabbed the notebook and all the files that had been dropped.

I made my way out of the room, and saw Toby had backed Tim into a wall, right next to my cookies. Tim was standing again, putting full pressure on his leg that had been shot. He looked over to me, and saw the many files I had brought out. He glared at me.

I walked up behind Toby and stood behind him. "The operator will be after you Ticci Toby." Toby grumbled at his nickname. Tim grabbed a cookie from the tray, and took a giant bite out of it. Truthfully I wasn't quite sure why he would take a bite from cookies that were made by someone you had tried to kill, but I didn't mind. "These cookies taste like shit." Tim's voice was laced with venom. Okay, I did mind.

"We're leaving." Toby said. We slowly made our way to the door, never taking our eyes off of Tim. When I finally bumped against the door, I swung it open. Toby and I quickly sprinted through the door. Toby slammed it behind him.

I immediately regretted not bringing a jacket, as the cold started nipping at my bare skin. I ran up the stairs to my apartment, trying not to trip on the steps. Finally I made it to my apartment, and so did Toby. I looked through my blinds expecting Tim to be rushing after us, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I guess he'd given up.

You're a Nightmare ⋆ Ticci Toby X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें