1

All was well in the kingdom. Birds were chirping, flowers were blooming, and a gentle summertime breeze swept through the nation. It was almost as if-

"WHERE ARE MY FUCKING PIZZA ROLLS?!?"

Suddenly it becomes easier to see the guards marching the castle gates, archers with their bows drawn, and parents lying through their teeth, telling their little ones it'll all be okay.

The mighty king rests upon his thrown, munching on his freshly baked pizza rolls. He sighs, almost oblivious to those who are out on the battle field at this very moment.

"Where is everyone again?" He asks his beautiful wife.

"Oh dear..." She worries, "They are out at war, don't you know?"

The king continues to devour his food, now forgetting the very question he just asked. As the queen sighs, a loud yelling can be heard from the training grounds behind the castle.

"Alright recruits! You are all making brave sacrifices for your kingdom! The king and the queen are very proud!"

A voice could be heard from the many recruits, "Well then why don't they say it to our faces?"

The general stops pacing for only a moment. He looks back at the crowd and has an odd feeling in his chest, but he ignores it.

"As head guard and general," He begins, "I will be your main instructor. Guard Scott and Guard Tolkien will help, as they are the longest serving compared to me."

It was fairly clear that the general had been serving for a while. He had many scars running down his body; one of which ran right under his eye. He wore a white collared shirt with a light brown blazer, a red tie dangling from his neck. The general also sported a silver knight's helm, made with marble stained blue and a red feather atop.

"You may take your final breath on the battlefield, but you will have given your life to honor this kingdom!"

The general takes out his sword, sterling silver with a shaped ruby at the base. He points it up toward the sky as the recruits all chant his name.

"Now who's ready to-"

"Excuse me general," A maid interrupts, "The grand king wishes to see you."

The general swiftly places down his sword and bows, quickly following the maid. He was disappointed by this, but he could not let it get to him.

They arrive in the throne room and are greeted by his majesty.

"Thank you for coming, general-"

"Yes, yes." The king waves his hands around sheepishly, stopping the queen from completing her sentence. "Stan, I am so tired of hearing about this... war, is it?"

The general feels his insides boil, but he puts it aside. Whenever the general hears his name, it makes him feel weak. He is no longer Stan Marsh, he is the Head Guard.

"Could you just get it over with?" The king asks, picking at some leftover scraps.

"Get it- get it over with?" The general questions, bewildered. How can he just, 'get it over with?' Shouldn't the king know it doesn't work like that?

"Just stop the war." The king states once more, now licking the crumbs from his plate.

"B- But your majesty- we've been trying to do that for the last ten-"

"Well try harder!" He yelled, now ordering more food to pile onto his throne.

Now the queen interjects, "Dear, you can't just expect-"