18

After what feels like hours to Kenny, Stan finally stands up, wiping the spit from his mouth with a damp sleeve. He notices the water-soaked fabric and takes his undershirt off, revealing his skin underneath. He then slides on the fleece and grabs the soiled clothing.

"Where are the honey mushrooms?" Kenny asks, awkwardly standing aside.

"I am not aware," he admits, "Gregory only told me that they are located in the swamp."

Kenny nods, "Alright. So, shall I search the area?"

Stan shrugs, "Yes, let me join you," he slings the clothing over his shoulder while both of the men go off searching for the mushrooms. Stan does not know exactly what they look like, though he assumes they look close to the honey he had tried back in the Elven Kingdom.

While walking around, he pushes aside undergrowth, scanning for a golden color.

Suddenly, he hears a shout.

"Stan! I believe I have found them!" Kenny yells, "Come, now!"

Stan quickly dashes towards Kenny to see a cluster of small, golden mushrooms by a tree stump.

Kenny reaches for one but Stan immediately bats his hand away.

"Wha- Ow!" He yelps, "Why did you slap me?"

Stan sighs, "The mushrooms teleport, or at least, that is what Gregory told me of them."

"So how shall we collect them?" Kenny asks.

"I will stop time... or at least I believe that is what Gregory expects of me."

Stan quickly focuses on his hands, the familiar feeling of time halting around him growing. He glances around before crouching down and collecting a handful of the tiny mushrooms.

When he is finished, he releases his focus and looks to Kenny.

"Ooh," he stares in awe at them, "I wonder how they taste."

"Well, why can you not taste one?" Stan offers, "Gregory said that he would put them in soup, so they are not toxic raw- probably."

Stan and Kenny both know that it is a bad idea to eat strange mushrooms, worse yet to ingest those that may or may not be poisonous when eaten raw. But, both of them select one from Stan's palm and place it on their tongues, biting into the shroom and chewing it.

Stan nearly retches, but swallows, "Yuck! That is sickening!"

Kenny shrugs, the sour flavor spreading on his tongue, "I like it," he mumbles out, his mouth full.

Stan sighs and grasps the mushrooms more firmly, gesturing to Kenny to follow him.

They walk for a while until Kenny breaks the silence, "Stan? I feel strange."

"I- I feel odd too," Stan admits, "And I am not sure where we are headed. I cannot remember..."

Kenny shoves him a little, "Ah, do not fret. I know the way."

And, as time passes, both of the men become loopier.

"Kenny, I am not sure I can continue..." Stan glances around, his vision contrasting. But somehow, a feeling of calm covers him.

"Me, too," Kenny giggles a little, "I feel... good," he laughs.

Stan puts his hands in front of his face and stares at them, "Woah... why is everything so... magical?"

Kenny looks over, walking towards Stan and hugs him, "Stan I- I love you like I love my sole brother," he admits.

Stan forms a loopy smile and returns the embrace, "Mhm," he mumbles.