4

The king roars on his throne, ordering a nearby servant to fetch him grapes.

"Where is that lousy general, anyway?" He questions.

"Oh dear, did you not say he would be completing his mission today?" Her majesty ponders, quite visibly attempting to keep the king at calm.

The king scratches his head, "And what would that mission be?"

"He will go to the Elf Kingdom acting as one of them."

"Oh yes!" The king remembers, "Now get me some curly fries."

Several servants exit the throne room at his command, fetching fries from the kitchen and delivering them to his majesty.

While all of this is happening, the mighty general is towards the border of the two kingdoms, very anxious about his mission. He wipes the beads of sweat forming at his hairline as he carefully crouches in the bushes.

He doesn't see any elf guards around the border, but he can't be too sure. He moves his head around the bush and checks both left and right around the brush.

Stan kneels and quickly dashes across the border line. He soon stumbles and rolls into a ditch full of moss, going through the bushes and stumbling, landing right on his face.

He hears a footstep and gives a sharp inhale, not moving a single muscle.

A woman's voice can be heard, "Hello? Is anyone there?"

"Keep back, I told you not to go near the border!" A man says.

"Oh, but the poor little plants..."

Stan hears a sword unsheathe, "Just be careful... I swear I heard something over here."

The man begins to cut through vines and bushes, attempting to find the source of the noise.

"H- hey! Clyde please... don't cut down the precious plants!"

"Oh Linda, it's fine. Just a few vines."

Who Stan assumes to be Linda sighs, "Okay... just don't hurt anything else."

Stan hears the footsteps grow nearer. Clyde gives a sharp inhale, "The bushes are disturbed..."

Stan's eyes go wide as he quickly flicks his head back and sees the bushes rustling.

Stan racks his brain for anything that he can do to prevent them from finding him. Just then he remembers.

Under pressure, Stan attempts to focus on his hands, but it isn't working. He takes a deep breath as the footsteps come nearer.

Just when his hands begin to glow blue... "Hey! What are you doing he-"

He feels his senses go acute as time bends around him. Stan quickly gets up and starts to run, looking down at several puddles as he sprints by. He sees his reflection... his eyes are blue.

So his hands and eyes turn blue whenever he uses his powers... neat.

Stan stumbles around, beginning to lose focus on his hands. The world begins to stutter.

He continues to walk until he sees the familiar battleground of the fight he escaped earlier. Vines still litter the ground and trees all around him.

Suddenly, the world goes back to normal. Leaves rustling and birds chirping naturally. Stan crouches down and runs towards the next tree, connecting to the array of treehouses that make up the kingdom.