8

TW: Talk of Sex (This chapter may give you second-hand embarrassment, from Stan of course.)

Oh, how beautiful the sunrise is. The golden light spilling over the mountains as the prodigious star shines forth, gleefully providing the nutrients for the wonderful plants to grow, and causing the many people to stir. The sun gave hope, a new light.

But sadly, on this day, one person is very sad to see this spectacular event, this giving of life.

The Private Castle Guard Stan Marsh gives a sigh as the sky lightens, making the stars disappear and giving off a faint glow.

Stan suddenly feels all the sadness drown away, and in replacement, anger shoots through his veins.

He remembers the gruesome, macabre sight of yesterday's battle. Stan gives a shiver as he recalls the faint, ghost-like face of his once comrade.

One could hear a faint sob coming from the guard.

He soon forces himself out of his snug and spacious bed. Stan stretches and yawns before grabbing his usual clothing that had been washed. He then starts looking down at his side table and gathers his many knives, hiding them in various places in his clothes, one of which he slides up his sleeve.

Stan then ruffles his dried-out hair and walks out the door, jogging along the elegant wooden hallways of the guard quarters.

He has an idea of what he needs to do today. Stan must check in with that King. Then, he must see to the tailor's. Stan wants a new bell sleeve undercoat and a leather corset. Maybe a nice vest as well. His trousers could also use some work...

Stan begins to walk towards the Elf King's manor. As he does, though, he begins to space out.

Stan knows that he needs money if he wants to buy new clothes, so he must ask the Elf King today about this. Stan doesn't even know what the Elven currency is. Maybe he can ask the King for some before he gets his weekly pay... or maybe he doesn't get a weekly pay at all.

Before he knows it, Stan arrives at the huge wooden doors at the front of the manor. He grabs the door knocker and gives it a few knocks. Suddenly, he hears a creaking and steps back as the manor doors open before him.

Standing at the entrance is a very disheveled king. Stan gives a shudder as he sees his messy red hair and dilated pupils. But soon, his shock turns to anger as he remembers yesterday's battle. "What happened to you?" Stan asks, an edge lining his voice.

"Oh uhm- business. I was not expecting any visitors this early. Come inside." Kyle gestures.

Stan can feel his anger bubbling, following The Elf King as he makes twists and turns around the castle. Soon enough, they stop at the entrance to an ancient looking room.

"What is this?" Stan questions.

"The Olden Library. I wish for you to erm- entertain yourself as I c- clean up." He states.

Stan most definitely expects what Kyle has been doing, and he eyes him suspiciously.

"Kyle," He begins, "I do indeed know what it is you have been doing. My only question is how can this be? In the Kingdom of the West, we are not allowed to do such things until marriage. I heard that you are not married."

The Elf King's eyes are wide open. Stan thinks I had sex?! He thinks, Maybe he thinks I have a lot better luck with men.

Kyle gives a sigh, "Stan, I did not have sex with anyone."