16

"Gah!" Stan gasps, feeling a husky voice next to his ear.

He is lying stomach-side down, so he attempts to stretch his eyes over. Stan looks over to see Kenny, one hand on his back holding him down whilst his mouth is incredibly close to his ear.

"Sh," Kenny whispers, "Shush yourself, Stanley."

"W- why?" He stutters out, still utterly confused.

"Follow me and do not make one peep. Do you understand?"

Stan nods reluctantly before silently stepping off of his bed and tiptoeing behind Kenny, following him towards the little exit to his room. He stifles back a yawn while his lidded eyes continue to lead him.

Kenny makes a sharp turn which leads them to what looks like a dead end, but Kenny motions Stan forward.

"Help me move this thing, will you not?" Kenny pleads arrogantly, motioning towards a decent sized boulder.

Stan rolls his eyes and begrudgingly strides toward Kenny, pushing his back against the huge stone, shoving with his feet whilst Kenny uses his arm force. After much work, the two manage to move the rock just enough for a sliver of another cave to be seen. Stan looks at the entrance that is barely two feet off of the ground.

"Come now," Kenny states, "In here."

Stan gets on all fours and starts to crawl behind Kenny, very tired and very aggravated.

Eventually making it inside, Stan looks around the small hollowed area him and Kenny are in. He can barely sit up straight inside, but the cave is fairly wide.

"Why do you need me, Kenny?" Stan asks with a twinge of annoyance.

"Oh Stan," He flicks his shoulder, "I just wish to keep up. You are one of my favorite acquaintances."

Stan holds back a sigh, "You could have spoken to me at dawn. But alas, you wake me to ask silly questions." He rolls his eyes.

"Ah," Kenny interrupts him, "They are many things, but they do not happen to be silly- nor dumb."

Stan is about to retort, but Kenny slaps a hand over his mouth, raising his voice a bit, "I wish to know what exactly you did in the Elven Kingdom."

"Uh," Stan chokes out, not sure if he should be telling Kenny this classified information. Yet, he does so anyways, "I lied and befriended the Elven King. He recruited me as a personal guard."

Kenny nods, "Interesting... now you did say you liked this man, correct?"

Stan gives flustered affirmation while Kenny attempts to conceal his grin.

"Now Stan," Kenny begins in a serious tone, sucking the once fun-like atmosphere out of the cave and replacing it with suffocating silence.

After the long pause, he continues, "You informed me yesterday of the... crimes, you committed against our old kingdom."

Stan fidgets with his hand, anxious for the next few words that are going to come out of Kenny's mouth.

"Why?" He asks, plain and simple. Stan gawks at the question, not knowing the answer at all.

"Why? What do you mean?" Stan questions.

Kenny sighs and clarifies, "I mean why did you fully switch to the Elf side?"

"I did not! I was doing it for my king-"

Kenny cuts him off, "No, no you were not. Stan, you would never kill one of your men unless you had a very good reason too."