20

"This is a disaster," Stan shakes his head.

Damien has not come out of his cave ever since yesterday, when everything was revealed about the two leaders.

"Gregory seems to be taking it well," Kenny notes, "It must be a relief to get the news off of his chest, surely."

Nodding, Stan lets out a deep exhale before sliding down the cave wall. His days now consisted of sitting around whilst everyone else prepares to fight, for he came to the Resistance ready.

"You are aware," Kenny begins, "That I do question if you know to serrate a blade?"

"Why do you ask?"

Kenny stifles a laugh, "Well, I need a blade to be serrated."

Stan facepalms, "Ah, well. I am not too sure, sadly," Stan admits.

Kenny pats him on the back, "Oh, do not fret. It is fine!"

Stan nods in understanding when Pip walks into the room wielding a spear and wearing a chain helm.

"I am ready for battle!" He screams, "I will fight to end the war!"

Stan covers his ears and closes his eyes tight, Pip's loud yells hurting his hearing, "Pip!" He shouts back, "Quieter, please!"

Pip looks over and immediately shuts up, nodding at Stan meekly.

Stan relaxes back to his normal position, "So, why must you have a serrated blade?"

"Butters said I would look good wielding one."

Stan scoffs, "Of course."

The two go back to chatting, now bickering about Kenny's 'hilarious' love with Leopold. Over time, Pip joins the conversation, sitting next to Kenny with his knees brought up to his face.

"Oh, it was a disaster! I told them to weld metal! No guard will stand a chance..." Stan admits, ending his story.

"Just like Guard Tolkien," Kenny mutters under his breath. Stan sighs as covers his head with his hands.

"Need you remind me more?" He cries, "I can barely live with myself!"

Kenny looks apologetically at him, clearly not intending for his words to hurt as much as they did.

"I apologize, it was not your fault."

Stan sighs, raising his head and staring at Kenny again, "I am just not sure what caused me to do that. It is not like me at all..." he trails off, looking behind both Pip and Kenny.

The two turn their heads to see Gregory jogging towards them at an alarming pace.

"Stan!" He happily shouts, "Have I got an idea for you!"

Stan's ears perk up, "Hm?"

"As you know, we cannot win the battle based on numbers alone," he begins, Kenny and Pip nodding along, "Well, Stan, you have connections! How do you feel about going undercover?"

Stan has to use all of his energy not to sigh loudly right in front of everybody. He mildly rolls his eyes, "Gregory, I have already done one undercover job. I do not necessarily wish to do yet another one."

"Ah, but of course this will be incredibly short. Only an hour or so- just long enough to save Kyle," he counters.

Stan thinks for a long while, arguing with the two sides of his brain. But finally, he settles upon one.