13

The previously powerful general stands beside the grand wooden throne. Once occupied by the high and mighty Elf King, but now holding a child. He grins widely, sparks lighting his eyes as he hears compliment after compliment of his majesty.

Stan cannot help but feel utterly horrible. Even on Ike's coronation day; a day of newly found hope, a day of pure joy for the little prince, now called king.

Ike still isn't aware of Stan's betrayal, so he decided to keep Stan as his guard, seeing as the General was tasked to babysit him by his older brother.

Ike is not aware of how the kidnapping of Kyle is affecting Stan. He can barely exist without feeling empty, yet he does not know why. Stan was not too close with The Elven King, so why does he feel this way?

After the coronation, Stan is dismissed into the castle where he travels directly to the library. Stan has been spending most of his time here. He looks for books that remind him of Kyle.

While perusing the cases a glint catches his eye. It is the same yellow-stained leatherback journal he saw just a few days ago. The one that spoke of a resistance.

He cracks open the book and reads the lines once more. They somehow fill him with courage.

Once you're there you must turn mellow... follow where the floors are yellow.

Yellow. Sand.

Stan stands in the library for a while, now forming his new-found plan in his mind.

After what feels like a lifetime, Stan moves across the floor and runs out of the room, booking it to the manor entrance and racing out.

"Tailor.. it might take months..."

Stan mutters nonsense under his breath as he dashes over to the old tailor's shop he went to for his clothing.

The second he makes it inside, Stan slams the door behind him and catches his breath.

"Woah there! Are you okay, sir?"

"Yes, yes I am fine," Stan replies, "Do- do you sell cloaks? May-haps scarves as well?"

The tailor looks estranged, "Why it is but September! Why must you acquire these winter items?"

"No time- to explain-" Stan pants out, accidentally dropping the yellow leatherback journal.

He rushes to pick it up, shuffling down and then leaning upon the wall to stand up once again.

The tailor eyes him suspiciously, "I suppose I could sew you a cloak..."

Stan looks up wide-eyed, "How long will it take?"

"It very well depends," The tailor begins, "On how much you pay me."

Stan sighs, "I- do you not have some stored in the back? Could I have one of those?"

The tailor looks upon him, "Possibly. I shall look."

As the tailor heads back, Stan taps his foot on the ground. Every second he spends not finding The Resistance is a second wasted on finding the Elf King.

After a while, the tailor pops back, "Here you are."

He gives Stan a beautiful navy blue fleece cloak paired with a long white scarf.

Stan stares at it in awe, "How- this is incredible!"

The tailor looks at him, almost through his eyes, "I had to know for sure. You have the book. There are knife pockets on the left side. Protect us all from this war, especially my son. He is a guard just like you... one of the best. He helps the gardeners... he trains new guards," The tailor pauses for a moment.