25

Warning: Graphic Depictions of Injuries

"Stan!!"

Kyle bolts inside the castle to a scene of horror. His beloved Stan, on the edge of dying, and his enemy dead on the floor.

He runs directly towards Stan, almost immediately on his hands and knees.

Examining his wounds, Kyle feels tears slipping from his eyes.

"Stan! No, no you- fuck!" He cries, pulling off Stan's shirt to see the true damage.

His eyes go wide the second he sees the wound on his abdomen.

"You- you cannot leave me Stan!"

Stan's eyes drift open, seeing Kyle open a bag and hastily grab gauze out of it.

"Kyle..?" He questions, "Am I dead?"

"No, no you will not die," Kyle whispers to him, "I apologize for this."

He begins packing the gauze in Stan's abdomen tightly, fitting more and more until he cannot put any in. Then, he wraps the excess around his stomach, seeing the bruises surrounding it.

"How did this happen?" Kyle mumbles to himself, "How have you survived these?"

Stan breathes with his teeth clenched throughout the entire process, trying to sit up with his arms but Kyle preventing him from doing so.

Kyle finds another stab wound on his shoulder and begins to dress it, putting together puzzle pieces in his brain.

"These would be fatal to an average individual... I wonder if your powers have something to do with this."

Stan inhales quickly, pointing to The King's body, "It- it was the, the- dagger," he stumbles out, "He stabbed me- with it."

Kyle takes a glance behind him to see the Spellblazer's dagger sticking out of The King, or at least, one of the daggers.

He gasps, "The dagger?! N- no, Gregory said it was a fairytale- he- no, he cannot-"

"They are real," Stan inhales, "I- managed to retrieve one with my- powers."

Kyle looks over at him again, "If you got hit with that dagger- oh no."

"W- what do you mean, 'oh no'?" Stan asks, suddenly very worried.

Kyle puts his head in his hands, "And I, I killed Liane. Tell me you have a witch here."

Stan nods, "Yes, she- resides in the- the outskirts of town- near the border," he coughs, soon going into a fit. Once it is over, he sees blood on his inner arm.

"You are coughing blood? This is not good... I shall fetch the witch."

Kyle races outside, calling for the head archer to stand watch over Stan while he goes to find the witch.

He heads for the path leading for the border of the two kingdoms, soon finding a small cavern in which she resides.

Kyle does not bother to knock. Instead, he bursts through the door and glances around, finally seeing a young woman sipping tea in the very corner of the house.

"You need to follow me! Please, Stan has been hit by the Spellblazer's dagger!" He pleads.

The witch processes this for a moment, "Stan? The general that I saw months ago? With the time powers?"

"Yes! That is him, and he is on the verge of death!"

The witch nods, "Why should I help you?"