ch 3.

Ja pov
Wednesday, September 11th 9:33pm

Red drunkenly sang along with the music in the back seat while Bishop lazily slumped down in the passenger seat with his head propped up on the open window. As I parked in front of the far more empty barber shop I looked down at my phone to see it was 9:35pm. I let out a breath before I opened my door but before stepping out of the car I looked around at the inside one last time before shaking my head at my two best friends." Aye y'all niggas betta wake up cuz if my car get took they gon take y'all asses right along with it." " Ain't nobody taking shit" Red said drunkenly and slurred and looking around as if he was trying to check his surroundings. Meanwhile Bishop just lifted his head in a haze before dropping his head back on the open window. "Pfft it ain't even 10pm yet and y'all niggas dis fucked up" I laughed to myself before closing my car door finally making my way towards the building.

Ding!!Ding!! The door let out a couple of dings alerting the dark skinned girl that was sitting at the front desk that I was here." Aye I'm here to pick up my son" I said nodding my head towards shorty. As I looked around I noticed that my son and the dude that was cutting his hair weren't here." Where my son at" I asked her slightly turning my head to the side. Ding!! Ding!!

I turned around to see the dark skinned male from earlier standing by the door holding my son while also holding a white bag in his other hand." You here to check out" the male asked lifting his eyebrow slightly " Dats my Da" Ej said loudly getting a little too excited almost falling over out of the taller males hand "Da get me!! Da come get me" Ej said reaching out for me after finally gaining his composure." Ight lil nigga here I come" I said as I walked over towards him.

" Da dis my fend King" Ej said pointing at the taller male that was wearing simple black jeans and a black shirt he also had his hair styled in a puff ball with absolutely no gel to slick his hair up." And he cut hair da, look at my haiw(hair)" Ej said pointing at the sides of his head so that I could see his temp fade." Oooh Ej yo shii nice as hell" I said to my son as I put my hand on the top of his head manually turn his head myself so I could get a full view. 'They know not to fuck my baby head up'. I thought to myself before finally looking up to the tall ass nigga standing in front of me.

" How much it cost" I asked him as I digged in my pocket grabbing my roll of money that I had held shut with a rubber band." He got lined up, a front tape, and a temp fade didn't he" a woman's voice said from behind me. I turned around to see the dark skinned girl still sitting down at the desk but instead now looking down and typing at the computer." Yea" I said now fiddling with the rubber band that I used to wrap my money." Well the total will be $35" she said finally looking up from the computer " ight" I said finally being able to unhook the rubber band and grabbing a crisp $50 bill before putting the money back in my pocket.

After a moment of silence I feel a hand grab my shoulder making me jump a little bit. " My bad but we don't got change for a 50 up front so you have to come to the back with me" the taller male said before walking off towards the back and looking at me a few times as if to tell me to follow him. But before following him I sat Ej down in one of the empty barber chairs and gave him a piece of candy. Once we made it to the back he started to type some shit on a cash register that was sitting on a big desk that you would find in a principals office.

" Here go your change" he said as he put $15 in my hand. As I was about to walk out I felt a soft and much bigger hand grab mine." The fuck" I said turning around and scrunching my face up while looking at the taller male that was like 6'20." M-my b- sorry for grabbing you like that but I was um wondering if you wanted to set up an appointment with Rubee for Ej to maybe get his hair braided" he asked almost looking nervous." Nigga why you tripping up on words and shi" I asked turning my head to the side and scrunching up my face more.

After doing that I could tell his demeanor changed and he loosened the grip on my hand a little bit.' damn I kinda feel bad'. The more I looked at his expression I couldn't help but feel bad." Naw I don't need to set up an appointment I already have somebody to braid his hair" I said to the man before turning around to walk away.

" Aye whats yo name" he asked before I could fully open the door." Why" I turned around to look at the taller male " you federal" I asked as a smirk creeped on my face watching him scramble a little bit." Naw but um my name Kingston and you can just call me King" King said stepping a little closer to me before saying" now you know my name you gotta tell me yours" he said leaning a little too close." Ight it's JaKari" I said before swiftly opening the door and grabbing Ej to leave.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
That's the end of chapter 3!!! Idkkk I feel my writing got lazy towards the end but keep reading it'll get better 🙏🏾...

Make sure to vote!!!

Rubee Valentina Carter
23 years old
5'8

Rubee Valentina Carter23 years old5'8