ch 5.

Ja pov
Sunday, September 15th 2:24pm

" Damn nigga pass the blunt" Prince said mean mugging me as he cocked his head to the side." Mmcht you need to be getting ready the party started like a"- I took a pause to look at the time on my phone -" hour ago" I said as i put my phone back in my pocket. Prince just sat there looking at me sideways." Dats all dis nigga good fa" I mumbled under my breath as I passed him the blunt." Aye Ej you ready to go to the party" I looked over at Ej that's been talking about the party all day." Yeth I wan cake" Ej said as he jumped around Prince's living room and started to ramble about the party and the cake.

" Welp nigga you better hurry up" I said looking over at Prince as I reached for the blunt grabbing it." Ight" Prince said sounding annoyed as he stood up off his brown couch.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

" Where the fuck is y'all at" Gia yelled sounding louder through the cars speaker." We on the way now" I said as I propped up my phone " which park you said it was at" I started to back up out of the parking lot." It's at the park that's across the street from dem section 8 apartments and right by the community center" Gia said as faint music played.

" Ight we gonna be there in a lil minute" I said as I hung up the phone. I looked in my review mirror to see Ej dozing off in his car seat." Nigga play some music" Prince said ruining the moment as he turned on the radio." I should make yo ass walk" I mumbled as he turned the music up higher.

"Bae you know you fine
Don't cha
Bae you know you fine
Don't cha..."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As I pulled up the street was basically blocked off by cars parked on both sides of the street. Along with the loud music I could also hear loud laughter and even louder yelling from the kids as they ran around playing on the slide and swinging on the swing. The closer I got the more strong the smell of barbeque became." Eww them snot nose ass kids" Prince said making a stank face as he sat up staring out the window. I chuckled as I parked the car.

" EJ wake up" I said loudly as I reached behind me and shook him a little bit to wake him up. Ej made slight noise before dozing back to sleep." Yo ass betta get up foe I leave" I said before stepping out of the car " shi I ain't even wanna come for real anyway" I said as I opened the backseat door." EJ get up they bout to cut the cake" I said hoping that would wake him up as I unbuckled him from his car seat. EJ peaked a eye open and looked around over my shoulder before rubbing his eyes." I gotta pee" Ej said as he stood leaning on the car and rubbing his eyes." Dere go red nem ova der" Prince said before walking off over to were ever the fuck they was.

" Come on Imma walk you ova to the community center so you can pee" I said to EJ reaching out so he could take my hand." Hey EJ" some kids yelled from the top of the slide as they waved. Ej waved back as we continued walking to the community center.

" Hurry up and go pee" I said ushering EJ into the bathroom and helping him sit on the toilet. Once he was done I helped him wash his hands and we went back to the party.

"Da I go pay" EJ said pointing at the slide that now had a group of kids huddled around it." Yea" I said as I started to walk over towards Prince, Bishop, Red, and Gia." What the fuck y'all ova here doin" I said standing over them as they was sitting down." Nigga where the fuck was you at" Gia said happily as she jumped out of her seat and gave me a hug." Do dis tik Tok with me" Gia said as she ended the hug and pulled out her phone to show the video.