4. - A Promise to the Abyss.

The dragon seeemed quite surprised at my agreement to help it out. However at the same time, I could somewhat tell that he was rather happy about this fact.

"Well? What can I do?"

I asked, my gaze full of curiosity. The dragon had told me there was something I could do and I would make sure I did it - although it did also say that it wasn't guaranteed to work..

"It's quite simple - in theory, that is."

The dragon started, scratching its chin. I grew even more curious upon hearing him say that it was simple.. and then I lost all that curiosity the moment he said 'in theory'.

"There is an ancient technique of sorts, which could allow me to destroy my physical form and make you absorb all my power and my soul into your body. Basically turning you into a vessal of sorts."

The dragon continued, piquing my interest, but at the same time, slightly scaring me. This did not sound like something fun...

"I could use this technique to transfer all my power and my soul into your body and then you could go and find a host for me to inhabit in the real world."

It finished, crossing its arms at the end.

Well, it wasn't lying when it said that it was only simple in theory. I genuinely had no idea how I would be able to execute this.
I mean - destroying your own physical body? How is that even possible?... Is that even safe—?.

I sighed, before thinking for a bit.
It was risky. Very risky. I mean, I had no idea what it would do to me or my soul.

Even with my interior comments about this, I still had a strong urge to help the dragon for some reason. So, after a careful consideration, I exhaled and looked up at the dragon.

"Fine. I'll do it."

I stated. This one statement seemingly made the dragon quite happy, since after hearing my agreement and consent, it roared loudly, shaking the room with its distorted roar.

Then, the dragon laughed.

"I thank you Serpent! You will prove to be very useful."

It said with a rather cheerful tone. As it was sort of celebrating, I couldn't help but smile slightly at the sight of it celebrating - I couldn't explain it, but there was a strange warmness to it.

Then I remembered something - I didn't even know its name.

"Uhm Mr. Dragon? I forgot to ask for your name.."

I said, catching the dragons attention, who quickly turned dead serious once more.

"Right- My apologies. I will introduce myself again."

The dragon replied, before taking a more serious pose, releasing a powerful aura from itself.

"I am the Primal Dragon of Abyss, Arabor."

It intoduced itself, before lowering its head down and moving it a bit closer to me.

"And what may your name be?"

It asked.

This question made me freeze in place at first. Should I tell him my name from my past life? Was that a good idea?

After a small bit of thinking, I settled on saying that I didn't have a name - just to not cause any trouble for myself in the future.

"I don't... Know..?"

I replied, however wasn't able to finish my sentence fully as Arabor laughed.

"I'm just kidding - I know that a newborn monster like you doesn't have a name. After all, you are a part of a usually low intelligence species."