- Information Board -

This whole 'chapter' serves the purpose of giving some information about the story and its inspirations, just so I wouldn't appear as a copy cat.

The story was inspired by

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime,

So I'm a Spider, So What?,

(Little bit) Re:Zero.

All these stories I enjoyed and took inspiration from to craft this isekai story.

The Idea of the Story.

The story follows Riyo Komemo who, after getting caught in the crossfire of a police and criminal shootout, died and was reincarnated into a different world... as a snake. He sees this as quite predictable and also a disappointing form to be reincarnated into, however overlooks it all and decides that he has no other choice, but begin life as a snake.

After discovering ancient ruins, forgotten with time, he encounters an ancient dragon named Arabor, who, after making a promise to Riyo and creating a 'soul link' with him, inhabits Riyos new body, granting some unreal power to him.

And so, wielding immense power in terms of stats, while also carrying a promise he made, Riyo sets out into the world to not only live out his life as a snake, but also try and accomplish more than he did in his previous life.

This 'chapter' will be updated with future chapters, adding more and more information to it.

Answers To Questions that May arise.

Q: How does the Soul Transfering technique work?

A: It works on the basis of whether the host that the soul is being transferred to has already got a soul in it. If it doesn't, the new soul will take over the body.

If it does, the transferred soul will act as a 'Second Soul' and most of the time serve as a 'Mind Guardian' to the one who the soul was transferred to.

Q: What is the skill ranking system like?

A: It's not as complex as it seems.
It's quite simple in reality.

The ranking system begins with Common Skills - Which are basic skills anyone can acquire.

Then the Common Skills evolve into Rare Skills - which are simply a bit better Common Skills that also happen to be harder to obtain.

From this point, a Rare Skill can evolve into 1 of 2 options - Individual Skill or Epic Skill.

The difference is that Individual Skills are exclusive to the person that acquires it - meaning no one else can gain it.
Epic Skills are on somewhat equal strength, however are not exclusive to a single person and can be acquired by anyone.

Then we have Arc Skills and Legendary Skills.
Individual Skills evolve into Arc Skills, while Epic Skills evolve into Legendary skills.

Arc and Legendary skills are relatively on the same power level, the main difference is that Arc skills tend to be demons, angels or spirits one can call upon , while Legendary skills are more or less abilities.

Q: Is Essence Vow and Soul Pact the same?

A: No, they are different. There are many differences between the two, which I may list out in the future.

Q: Why is Arabors disappearence such a big deal?

A: Arabor, being one of the 9 Primal Dragons, is practically a natural god, that represents Abyss.

His imprisonment was crafted by the 'Gods' who saw his rampaging attitude as an opportunity to get rid of one of the dragons, which they thought were in their way.

His disappearence could create some unneccesary conflicts between the nation or even potentially the 'Gods'.

Q: How does 'Presence Erase' work?

A: I didn't think I would need to point it out, but guess I do. Presence Erase can only remain active when the user isn't moving.

The moment the user moves, it deactivates itself. But in Chapter 9 he moved and the skill remained activate!
Well... No. While yes - I wrote that he activated the skill and then slithered quickly off, the skill was only active in the moments where he stood still in place, as soon as he quickly slid off, the skill deactivated itself - I simply didn't write anything pointing to it, figuring that I wouldn't need to do that.