103. - So I DIDN'T kill that Kitsune After all?!?

A little while later, we and the Heroes party split once more. Apparently they had to take care of some business in a A-Ranked Dungeon nearby before they could continue to Yiinao. Now, I did at first want to ask if we could possibly join them in that dungeon raid, however the Ancient One told me that it would burden us and drag on the time that it took to get to the city in time for the investigation of the shady business going on in there.

So, instead, we decided to split - giving them a couple of items to help them out, while also giving some advice on raiding A-Rank dungeons.

Although, to the advice their response was:
'We have raided A-Rank dungeons before, we'll be fine!'

...Yeah, I don't know about you all, but that is usually a set up for a complete and utter defeat in which half the party dies inside the dungeon. Or at least, that would be the classic Isekai troupe path.

Before we actually split, I gave Kio a small extra gift from me, labeling it - 'As a gift that will help in hard times'.
What it was? That isn't important. After we had said all our farewells and given all our gifts - Me, Wezrall, Odale and Frindel resumed our travel towards Yiinao.

I remained in my human form for a while longer, until we were fully out of the heroes party sight, before switching to my Snake form and quickly wrapping around Wezralls neck, as he had already switched to his Wendigo form.
And back on the road we were - after a small 'side quest', we were finally continuing our way towards the City of Merchants Yiinao.

It honestly felt good to be back on the road - it had felt like we had lost a lot of valuable time with the entire Heroes Party group.
Although... To be fair, we were already on track to make it there in around a week compared to the month or two that it should take us...

So I suppose a little delay didn't really hurt us that much.

[Wezrall] "My Lord, may I know why you gave that Druid girl that amulet? Wasn't it very rare?"

Wezrall suddenly asked.
I didn't reply at first and remained silent while around his neck, before clicking my tongue and looking up towards the clear sky.

"Sure, it was rare - but it didn't seem like it was supposed to be in my hands in the first place."

I replied, before looking back down, sinking my head slightly into my body before closing my eyes. Wezrall looked a bit sceptical, however simply sighed at my reply.

[Wezrall] "The more I try to understand you, the less it makes sense..."

I chuckled lightly.
I suppose, from their point of view - I am quite the strange one.

But to be fair, I could never have the guts to tell them of my past life. Especially Frindel, who may interpret it as the Deities having 'summoned' me to this world after my death.
And trust me - I wanted anything but to start a conflict between two factions of Divinity.

So, without elaborating any further, I slowly drifted off into light sleep, as our carriage continued its march towards the City of Merchants.

   Meanwhile...
       At the main headquarters of
          The Hand Sons of Tritery...

       Within a large hall of the hideout, a man dressed in quite a fancy suit stood, looking outside of what seemed like a window, which had a view out over a large cave within which many, mang members of the organisation were going on with their activities.