5. - Time to Start my Adventure, I guess.

A small while passed before I eventually made it out of the ruins. I breathed heavily, before sighing in exhaustion.

'Man, I knew going back up the stairs was going to be tiring, but I had no clue it'd be that kind of a nightmare..'

I sighed before looking around. It was the same scene as before I had entered the ruins - not much difference at all.

The only thing different really... was me. I exhaled, before slithering off of the ruin platform and moving back up the slight slope of the cliff edge he had headed down before to reach the ruins.

   After making his way back into the forest and onto the green and tall grass, I began to move through the dense forest once more. 

'It feels a bit bland to be moving through this forest again.. especially after being on those ruins.'

I thought, sighing as I slithered forward. Even though the forest looked and seemed mostly the same, the atmosphere in it was quite different. Almost.. hostile.

Like something had changed about the air in it - but only in feeling as it looked completely unchanged. 
The atmosphere of the place, was not the same. It felt a lot more... free.

'Maybe Arabor was exerting an aura or something on the surrounding area.'

I thought before exhaling in slight nervousness.

'Let's hope I didn't screw anything up with him destroying his own physical body..'

I thought before giggling nervously. I was rather stressed out by the thought that I might have screwed up and removed some kind of protection or something from the forest.

Well, whatever it was, I'm sure it would eventually find a way to bite at me. Or not - depending on who you ask.

I kept moving forward, quite unaware of what I could have just brought upon this world.

A while past and eventually I ran into my first real monster. A direwolf.

The creature seemed quite angry and aggressive towards me, most likely because it was nothing but a feral beast. I was a bit nervous when I encountered the monster - after all, it wasn't like a slime which wouldn't fight back - this one very much will do so.

'Maybe one of the skills I acquired could help?'

I thought before recalling the two skills I acquired after taking in Arabor inside my body. Inspector and Devourer.

'I am going to take a guess that inspector is like appraisal.'

I thought before attempting to use it. I stood still for a few seconds, just awkwardly staring at the direwolf, before realising something - I don't even know how to use the skill.

Panicking a bit, I just barely managed to dodge an incoming attack from the wolf.

"God! This thing is not wasting time."

I commented before landing back onto the ground, deciding to take this more seriously. I will figure out how to use the skills later - right now, I had a bit of a different problem in my hands... or on my tail.

I managed to keep dodging the direwolfs attacks, which seemed to only make it even more angry. Can't really blame him though.. I'd be pretty pissed as well if I couldn't catch a single slippery snake.

Oh wait.. I am that slippery snake. So I'M the annoying one right now.

I could feel a slight grin of enjoyment appear on my face as I sort of internally laughed at the direwolfs attempts at trying to hit me with its paws.