107. - Karma.

It went on for a while. Iykas complaining, I mean. She just kept and kept on going about everything 'wrong' with my decision to not find a different host and placing her soul inside of a beastman - especially a Black Cat.

It was honestly starting to sound very irritating - almost like she wasn't thankful at all that I had literally just freed her.
I mean, who knows how long she has been chilling inside of my soul now? So genuinely don't see the problem with her revival right now in this new host body.

Eventually - and thankfully - she would stop, puffing up her cheeks at the end before turning her back on me. Don't know about you all - but we only ever had 1 interaction before this, and that interaction was a battle...
Yet she acts like we have known eachother for god knows how long. She acts like we're just a couple of old friends or something.

Which... I suppose is nice?
I mean, I'm glad I'm not being viewed as an enemy-

If you were viewed as an enemy, you would have nothing to worry about.

Her Magical Energy is far, far below yours.

....Well, that is ONE way to insult someone without actually insulting them or calling them weak or something.... Ancient One, I think you shouldn't be so...

So what?

..Nothing.
I sighed, before looking at Iyka.

Afterwards, I simply walked up to her from behind, before reaching out my hand for a handshake.

"I realised that we never introduced ourselves properly. So, allow me to start - I am Faofa Shin."

The fox... Cat? Looked at me with a still slightly disappointed and disapproving glare, however simply sighed before turning to face me and shaking my hand.

[Iyka] "Iyka. Just - Iyka."

Iyka huh? Well, certainly an interesting name. It feels... Good? I guess? - to finally learn her name after so long.
Especially when I thought she was dead the whole time.

After our handshake, I asked her for just how long Iyka had been sitting inside my soul, which is when I learned that apparently, she had been inside it ever since I 'killed' her.
Now I at first had no idea how that was possible, however I would then remember one crucial detail from that day.

'After she 'died'... Devourer did activate..'

I thought, before scratching my chin lightly. At the time, I was confused onto why it even bothered activating, seeing as it seemed like there was absolutely nothing to absorb or 'Devour' - however, I suppose now it makes sense not why it activated...

It must have detected Iykas fading soul or something and quickly Devoured it before she could full disappear or something?
That's my guess at least.

Iyka seemingly noticed my thoughtful state, as she raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

[Iyka] "You're going to take all day to think over this entire event or will you start moving so we can leave this place?"

She asked.
Sassy much? I sighed heavily, rubbing the back of my head.

"Sorry, got lost in thought."

I replied before looking around. Strangely, despite the boss being dead, the exit point hadn't opened yet. Which was definitely strange, as usual after the boss is killed, the exit would immediately open without a delay.

Something isn't right.
I sense a powerful aura nearby.

'Yeah I picked up on it as well..'