38. - The Gorgan Child.

As I glared at the ground, my body wrapped around the altar with the child on it, the cloaked people simply stared at me - their expressions going from confusion to shock.

They spoke among themselves in the same, unknown language, before taking what seemed like battle ready poses.

Suspicion on an attempted group attack.

'Yeah, I figured as much... These guys think I'm a pushover.'

I simply smirked to myself, before hissing loudly at the group, shaking the room lightly.
The group of people seemed to be a bit 'shaken' by this sudden move - however, none of them looked like they were going to flee.

Alright, time for slaughter.

Then, as the members charged me from all sides, I simply used my tail to knock them away or just wrap around them and throw them away - making sure to not hurt them too much.

Mainly for the purposes of not wanting to clean-up after the slaughter.
Although — if they're all dead after I'm done here... Why would I need to clean-up? Technically I am a monster, so.. Monsters don't clean-up as far as I am aware.

Oh well- who cares.

As they continued to attempt and get in attacks against me, I continued to just whip my tail all around, keeping them away.

Then, a crimson red magic circle appeared right below me, before beginning to glow.

'Magic?'

Warning;
This is a restriction spell.

Restriction huh? Well, that's easy to counter.
In one swell swoop, I activated my skill —
[Magic Nullification Barrier].
Shortly afterwards, the magic circle below me turned to dust, as the people backed up a bit in shock, once again, speaking that gibberish language.

"Y'know, I wanted to go easy on y'all, but I see no purpose anymore. Y'all are boring."

I announced my thoughts loudly, before looking up.
Time to test out the absolute limits of my new skill.

In the following moment, red lightning crackled from the top of my head, as I once again, activated my newest skill that I had acquired recently -
[Crimson Lightning].

The red lightning engulfed the room, absolutely frying all the cloaked people, causing them to fall to the ground.

Attention;
All the present peoples life force has vanished.
The Child on the altar remains an exception.

So I killed them.
Well, that went a bit more grim. Guess there was no use for my magic blocking barrier - not like it served much purpose other than a show off. Then again, I suppose showing off my skills is also fun.

After activating [Devourer] and grabbing the deceased people Magical Energy, my gaze slid down to the small half-human, half-snake child that still rested on the altar.

Upon closer look, the child seemed to be female, with pointy ears and some snake skin showing itself on the 'human' half of her.
I am sure there was a word for a race of half-snake, half-human people... But what was it?

I thought for a bit, trying to remember the exact word. It was literally on the tip of the tongue and yet, I couldn't remember it for the life of me.

'What was the word?!'

I thought, before sighing.
I suppose I'll remember later. Right now, I should get her out of here. I then slowly reached my tail down at the child, before suddenly being stopped.