18. - POV from Humans.

Hey, if the title wasn't enough to tell you - this chapter will solely be from the POV of the humans - not our protagonist.

This serves as a way of setting up the world a bit more. Think of it as the consequences of our protagonists actions.

Happy reading!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Town of Ordial..

The Adventurers Guild.
Inside of the Guildmasters office there sits the Guildmaster of the Adventurers Guild Gidou. With him there is another man - the Duke of the town, Kendrick Oathsword.

[Guildmaster Gidou] "What brings you here today Sir."

Duke Kendrick sipped the cup of tea before him before placing on the table in front of him.

[Kendrick] "I assumed that you would already know why I'm here Gidou."

Kendrick sharpened his gaze upon the Guildmaster. Gidou shed a slight sweat before sighing.

[Guildmaster Gidou] "I suppose I could take a guess.. but I doubt I'd land on the correct answer."

Gidou picked up his cup of tea before taking a sip and placing it back down onto the table. Kendrick let out a small chuckle before leaning a bit more into the couch he was sitting in.

[Kendrick] "That would entirely depend on what you want to guess."

Gidou remains quiet for a few seconds before sighing and crossing his arms.

[Guildmaster Gidou] "This is about the recent disappearence of Arabor, the Primal Dragon of Abyss — correct?"

Gidou asked, sharpening his gaze as well as turning his voice a bit stone cold towards the end. Kendrick chuckled again before nodding and placing his arms into his lap.

[Kendrick] "See? I told you that you'd be already aware of the reason."

The duke laughed a bit loudly before turning more serious.

[Kendrick] "Now that I know that we're on the same page here... I want to know what the Guild intends to do about it."

Kendrick asked, sharpening his gaze even more - his voice a lot more serious and focused now. Gidou shed a slight sweat before exhaling.

[Guildmaster Gidou] "The guild has already dispatched an A rank party to investigate the Ruins of Abyss where Arabor is supposed to lie. We want to first confirm that the vile dragon truly is gone before making any drastic moves."

Gidou explained, his tone straight and focused.

[Guildmaster Gidou] "And you Duke? What do you intend to do?"

Gidou asked, with a slightly more concerned tone. Kendrick remained silent for a bit, simply picking up his tea cup again and taking a sip before exhaling.

[Kendrick] "Currently? Nothing. The news haven't spread much. If I'd have to say, me and the guild are probably the only two authorities that know of Arabors disappearence."

Kendrick stated, placing the tea cup back onto the table.

[Guildmaster Gidou] "Supposed disappearence - we don't know whether he's truly gone or not yet."

Gidou added, as a subtle correction of the dukes words.

Kendrick let out a small laugh before shaking his head lightly.