10. - Conquering my First Dungeon!

I kept a sharp gaze locked with the dungeon boss for a couple of seconds. The aura between us was rather intense - mostly because this thing wasn't intimidated by me and I wasn't intimidated by it.

It felt like we were going to be on equal footing if anything. However, despite that feeling, I knew that wouldn't be the case most likely.

I mean - This thing was only level 45.. How strong could it possibly be?
Not stronger than me, that's for sure.

After a couple of more moments, the monster dashed at me, trying to take me out in one attack. Quickly reacting to its movement, I used 'Shadow Step' to quickly move out of its way.
I appeared right above it, prepared to launch a quick attack again.

'I don't want this to drag.. soo..'

I thought, before preparing to launch a 'Venom Shocker' at it. Right before I could launch my skill however, the boss disappeared.

"Wha-"

I exclaimed before hearing what sounded awfully like my skill 'Shadow Step' behind me, more specifically, higher up above me.

'It's behind me..!'

I thought, before quickly turning around, only to tank a rather brutal bash from the creatures scorpion tail.
The bash sent me flying into the ground, where I crashed into it, leaving a rather large crack. Despite this however, I felt.. fine.

I felt like nothing had even happened to me.

'Guess that's one bonus from my absurd stats.'

I thought before looking around, searching for the boss. Once again, I heard the same noise behind me - only this time, before the monster could strike me, I quickly used 'Shadow Step' to get right underneath it, before preparing to use my skill.

'Lets see if you can fly!'

I smirked, before attempting to use 'Venom Shock'. However, before I could even fire off the skill, the boss leaped into the air, quickly maneuvering before turning to face me and launchin a beam of what looked like light towards me.

Well, that was a fail!
I quickly slithered out of the way, before beginning to move as fast as I could over the ground as the creature kept firing a light beam after a light beam at me.

It was pretty much raining down these beams on me like some kind of a rain storm.
It was slowly becoming pretty annoying if I had to be honest.

'This things smarter than it looks. It's not giving me an opportunity to use even one of my skills.'

I thought before continuing to dodge the incoming barrage of beams, mixing my swift movement with my skill 'Shadow Step' to stay out of harms way.

This when on for a little while - me and the creature kept "exchanging" blows with one another, however neither side was really winning.

Well.. exchanging is an overstatement - In actuality, it was more of me dodging and the beast attacking.

Although, this wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I actually wanted a challenge for once, so finally having the opportunity to 'fight' something that I didn't kill in a single hit was rather refreshing.

That being said.. This was starting to get annoying. I could not catch any breathing room at all, due to the boss's relentless attacks - it was quite clear that it wasn't letting me have breathing room.

'I need to just end this already..'

I thought before shedding a slight sweat.

But how? This thing was physically stopping me from having any time to use any of my skills.
While I could just use 'Presence Erase' to throw it off and get a sneak attack in, that felt like cheating to me.