28 } Girls Night?

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

IT'S BEEN ALMOST A WEEK SINCE WE STARTED PREPARING FOR OUR PLAN. The plan being, to take down EVA. Every last bit of it. Or them. Whatever. It's going to take a long time. Hell, we may be starting a revolution that our children will have to pick up. Or maybe even one that just never finishes. But the point is, we'll die fighting than, instead of cowering from them. Preferably, we won't die at all. 

My mom's...a mystery. It's hard to determine how she feels about this whole plan. Whether she'll join us or fight us when we go through with it. All I know is that we've prepared for whatever happens with her - and she's barely even an inconvenience in the grand scheme of what we're aiming to accomplish. 

More complicatedly, Ella Pierce keeps on sending looks my way - cryptic ones - after she returned back to camp from a medical run. 

She knows. She knows what we're doing, and she stands by my mother because they've been working together, but she keeps on looking at me secretly like she's curious. Curious about what we're doing. I mean, none of us are being secretive about it. It's just my mother pretending we're not doing it. Not piling ammunition, gathering valuable materials, creating more quivers for me to hold more arrows in. 

Today she's gotten closer. Harley and Daisy - another one of the long term kids here at ACE who's decided she wants to join us - chat away at our table whilst Dom butts in every now and then with his own grand opinion. Petra sits beside me, picking at her corn with a plastic fork and  playing with a bracelet on my wrist with the other, silently. 

Ever since we...well made out - things have been different. Obviously. I get to be more forward and obvious with my feelings, and have an excuse to worry about her more openly - and she doesn't pull back from making flirty jokes in my direction. We're closer. Definitely. We just haven't talked about it. But I settle for the calm moments. Where she'll sit in my room and read some book while I sharpen the edges of my arrows - or when I go to hang out with her and Mars in their room and she'll lie down in my lap while we chat. 

Similarly, to my suspicion - Nari and Mars have gotten closer. It's weird because they'll sit with one another, eat, talk - and pair off in front of us - but then...well, there's like literally nothing goin on. Like nothing. I try asking about it and Mars looks at me like I've grown a third eye. I try talking to Nari about it and he just brushes me off like there's nothing going on. 

So...seemingly...there's a crush there. However, neither of them are doing anything about it. 

"What about you Lope?" Daisy addresses me. 

"Huh?" I look away from where Mars and Nari are sitting alone, looking like they're discussing something important. I mean if that's their way of flirting I guess?

"What Hogwarts house are you in." Petra repeats for me, still mindlessly playing with the food on her plate. 

"Oh..." I trail off and pause to think, "Hm. Guess."