34 } Not Qualified

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

I WAKE UP IN A BRIGHT WHITE-WALLED ROOM WHICH TELLS ME ONE THING. I was knocked out. And I don't even remember it happening. I remember stepping over to Laurel and- ...Jade? Yeah, Jade - and feeling immediately uncomfortable once in close proximity to the two women. And...that's it. 

But all that matters is I'm here now. In a room. About to get...probably sliced up into tiny pieces. Maybe a lobotomy of sorts. Or maybe they'll take so much of my blood I'll become even paler than I already am. 

Whatever. It's better this way. I was dead before but now at least the other were able to leave. Still...selfishly, I think I'd rather have just been shot point blank in the head instead of what I'm about to go through. What they're planning on doing to me. 

The bed I lay in is a hospital one, propped up professionally in the middle of the room - marble ceiling, white tiled walls, and tables surrounding the perimeter with equipment. 

And...well I'm not strapped to this bed. I'm not stuck

"Okay." I whisper to myself - scanning the room for any cameras. When I find there are none I scramble to the closest table, hands falling to the ridge of it and knocking some things off when my vision starts to go blurry. Did they drug me?

I fumble for any sharp object I can get my hands on - a scalpel - and hold it close  in between the...hold on. 

They took my clothes. 

I'm wearing a hospital gown and I've been...scrubbed. The thought of them touching me and removing my clothes has me feeling sick for a moment - but only a moment until I'm back in game mode. Maybe, if I'm lucky, there's a way out. 

"I'd put that down." A voice interrupts my rapid train of thought, and instead of putting my newly acquired scalpel down I turn around quickly and point it out towards the owner of the voice.

She's...young. She stands in front of the door - I'm assuming it's been locked now which is splendid - and really...just does not look scared of me at all. Like this is some random monday to her. Like I'm no threat at all. 

"C'mon." She nudges her head as she steps closer, "Put it down." 

I don't. Obviously. Instead I tighten my grip. The girl takes some more steps toward me before she stops a few away, probably understanding that no matter how fearless she is - I'm still the one with a scalpel. 

"Who are you?" I ask, still aiming it in her direction. 

"I'm here to run some tests." She answers sounding almost bored, "You are immune, aren't you?"

"Unfortunately." I sigh.

"Wow." She lets out a breath and walks even more forward, taking the scalpel out of my hands, "Do you know how many people have come here and claimed immunity?"