FIVE

2700+ words

Ek ajeeb se betaabi hai tere bin,

reh bhi lete hai aur raha bhi nahi jata hai.

Today was Tara's first day at her new home and according to the rituals she has to cook something sweet for everyone.Tara woke up around 5 and saw her husband who called her an unwanted wife sleeping peacefully. 

How can he sleep so peacefully after saying those words to me? Don't he have a fucking heart.He is sleeping like nothing had happened .He is sleeping like everything is fine and perfect.

After staring at him for few minutes she got out of her thought and went to her suitcase.Yesterday so many things happened that she was unable to unpack her things and manage it in her closet.She took one of her sari and went to the bathroom.She took a bath and came out of the bathroom and saw the room empty.She knew that she had to accept this kind of behavior from him as he had already told her not to expect anything from him.She sat infront of the mirror and was doing her makeup then she dried her hair. she wore a beautiful pink sari with golden blouse and her mangalsootra. She had kept her hair opened and applied vermillion in the middle partition of her hair.She has applied a light make up with a light pink colour lipstick.

She has applied a light make up with a light pink colour lipstick

(her dress)

After getting ready she got down stairs and saw her mother in law and chachi doing some work in the kitchen.She went near them and they turned to her. She bend down to touch their feet but her mother in law stopped her and hugged her telling"ghar ki betiya pair nahi chuti hai aur aap bhi toh hamari aur iss ghar ki he beti hai"

("The daughters of the house do not touch the feet and you too are our daughter and the daughter of this house only.")

Now Tara had tears in her eyes seeing how much loving her mother in law is. She thought that her mother in law would not like her because she was the replacement but her mother in law proved her wrong by showing her such love.

"I thought you wouldn't like me because I was a replacement for the bride but you are so nice that you called me the daughter of this house."Tara said while having tears in her eyes.

"No child, not at all, who wouldn't like a girl like you and don't ever think that no one dislikes you here, everyone loves you very much."said her mother in law and Tara just nodded.she was so emotionally touched by her words.

"Come on, let's make her do her first kitchen ritual now."said chachi in dramatic way by making them laugh.

"Tara beta make something sweet"

"actually Aunty, can you please tell me everyone's favorite food and I will make it for everyone."

"I called you my daughter and you are calling me aunty."said her mother in law.

"opps sorry mom"

"Beta, you just make it sweet, what's the point in making everyone's favorite dish?"said her mother in law but Tara insisted and her mother in law had to give up and told her everyone's favourite dish.Then Tara told her mother in law and chachi to go to the dinning table and she will prepare all the dishes.