~3~

After Cecilia left the room Finnick walked over to one of the couches and sat down. Then motioned the two teenagers to do the same on the opposite couch.
"Alright... River, I'm Finnick, I'm yours and Saylor's mentor. You have probably figured out by now that I am her brother.  but I will train and mentor you the same as I will Saylor."
River nods in acknowledgment.

"So first things first, you both need to know that the game isn't just in the arena. It's also in the capital, and most importantly the interviews,
the interviews are how you guys are going to get sponsors. So you will want the capitol to like you. Charm them. But You don't want to act cocky. They don't like when tributes think they are better than them.
Instead, act confident, and flirty, make them feel they have a relationship with you. and then when the time is right. try and get sympathy. Capitol people don't like sob stories from people that they don't have a connection with.
Also, it's up to you guys if you want to team up and work together. I would recommend that you guys do. "

River looks over to Saylor to try and see if he could read her but her face is blank.

"Alright, so far any questions?" Finnick asks.
Both teenagers shake their heads. "OK well, I'm going to check with Cecelia about your schedule and your rooms." Finnick gets up and heads to the back of the train. Leaving Saylor and River alone.

"So... I think it would be best if we tried to work together. " River spoke out.
Saylor stands up and ignores him. She walked over to the table of fancy foods and grabbed a sandwich. Then sat down at the table. River sits across from her. " look, you don't have to like me, but we are both each other's best shot at winning this." he exclaims.
"So what you're saying is, we team up, and then, you kill me when you don't need me anymore."
Saylor doesn't trust him. She thinks as soon as River gets the chance he will stab her in the back.

" I get it, You don't trust me... how about we team up for the beginning, and then when it comes down to the top 10 we split up? "
seeing that she wasn't convinced
he sighed "Just think about it. You can decide closer to the Games"
"Fine I'll think about it"

A few minutes go by, Saylor eating her sandwich, and River deep into thought.
After a while. River looks at Saylor and tries to start a conversation. "What do you think you will miss the most while at the capitol?" Saylor looks at him a little confused, as she's still trying to figure him out.
"Well, I have my only family with me. So probably the ocean." the boy looks a little surprised. She gives him a questioning look. " it's just I thought you would have said your house"

Since Finnick won his Game they lived in one of the victor's houses. Of course, compared to most of the district's houses it was huge. especially for just the two of them. Although they did have company quite often. Finnick's girlfriend Annie came over a lot for dinner and to hang out.

"The house is great, but I don't care where I live. As long as I have the people I care about with me I'm happy. How about you? What will you miss?" she asked back, trying to be polite. And trying not to make things awkward.

River doesn't even have to think about it.
"My mom... she is the only family I have left."
Saylor hums in acknowledgment. "She was the lady at the reaping?" she asks but already knows the answer.
"Yep, She would have taken my place if she could. She would do anything to protect me."
"Your mom sounds like my brother," Saylor says jokingly. As if he could hear her, Finnick and Cecilia walk back into the room.
"Alright, you two follow us! We will show you your rooms" Cecilia excitedly says. Saylor and River get up to follow Cecilia and Finnick. "Now Saylor you follow me. and River you follow Finnick"
Saylor follows Cecilia as they walk into a beautiful room with a huge bed.
"This is your room. And over there is your bathroom and your closet."
"It's beautiful. But why so fancy if we are just spending one night on the train?" the younger girl asked while looking around the room.
"Well sweetie, if you win, you will go on a victory tour For a few months, the capitol wants the victors to be comfortable" Saylor walks over to the bed and lays on it.
"Well, I will leave you to it. If you need anything let me know. And dinner is in a few hours"
The door closes.
Saylor just lays there, looking up at the ceiling thinking about everything that has happened so far.

Her thoughts are interrupted when she hears a knock on the door. "Come in "The door opens and her brother walks in and sits on her bed. "Hey, how are you holding up?" She sits up "Well I'm not dead yet. so doing good so far." she jokes,
"I'm sorry Sayy, I wish you didn't have to do this."
Finnick apologizes. " don't apologize. It's not your fault Finn"
"I just wish there was something I could do." he lets out. "You have already done a lot, Finn. I would be going in blind without your training or mentoring "
Saylor knows that if she dies Finnick will blame himself in every way. She has to win this. Not only to survive but for her brother.
"You should get some rest... you will need it. I will come to wake you when dinner is ready." he gets up and leaves the room. Saylor takes her brother's advice and takes a nap.
After a few hours, Finnick wakes up Saylor, and they eat dinner. The dinner conversation was mostly about the games and what their schedule looks like for the next few days.

After they finished eating they all stayed at the table. except for Ceclila, who went to bed. They discussed their strengths, and weaknesses.
Both of them have pretty good survival skills and swimming abilities.
Saylor's strength is running, and she is good with knives or any kinda of blade.
Rivers' strength is climbing. And he is good with a bow or an axe
It started to get late so Finnick told them to go to bed as they would need it for the upcoming events.